: Value Investing Forum - Singapore, Hong Kong, U.S.

Full Version: Guan Yin Citta & Master Lu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Image: c24542ff26165dfbc822249a24f3b5ac.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


上海 黄女士 2017.01.29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Excerpt from Master Jun Hong Lu's Public Talk, Houston, USA
September 10, 2016


The utmost accomplishment in cultivation is one's ability to endure, as our endurance is our greatest strength. If you wish for serenity and peace at home, you have to endure; if you wish for social safety, you have to learn to endure; if you wish to resolve troubles, you must learn to endure; only then you could survive in this world.  Therefore, we have to adopt the wisdom of Buddha to resolve troubles in our daily lives.  We ought to learn three methods in life: firstly, learn to admit our mistake; because after you have admitted, the mistake will no longer exist.  Secondly, learn to be flexible, patient and accommodating.  Thirdly, seek to understand and learn to let go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Image: 1c53a3016b3180d44cb36ed8f9baceab.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Image: 95200d24b878677ab30ffc689522e670.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wenda20151011B 03:11
(Master Jun Hong Lu's call-in radio program)


Caller: We are able to change our fate and fortune through practising Buddhism. However, Master Lu, you mentioned before that some fates can not be changed at all. Can you tell me to what extent practising Buddhism can change a person’s destiny in terms of a percentage?

Master Jun Hong Lu: Up to 70% of a person’s life can be changed. I said before that 70% of our lives is fate that is fixed, the other 30% is fortune. So why do I say that the 70%, which is fate, can be changed? That basically means one’s fate can be changed completely! Let me explain with an example. Once there was a renowned monk whose name I do not wish to state here. When he was young a fortune teller predicted that he would have a very difficult life with no one to depend on. Upon learning this, his parents lost confidence in his upbringing. In those days the villagers held on strongly to such beliefs. He was sent to a temple straightaway. Then his ill fate took a turn. Had he not moved to the temple, he would have continued on his path of ill-fate. However, in the temple this was not the case. He led a happy life and made a lot of friends. As he aged and become a Grand Master, all of the young monks can be viewed as his children. His destiny and therefore entire life had changed. Have you ever read about “Liao-Fan’s Four Lessons”?

Caller: Yes.

Master Jun Hong Lu: It was predicted he would only live to his 40s, yet he lived to the ripe old age of 70 or 80. It was predicted he would be childless, yet he was blessed with countless offspring. Is this not “change”?

Caller: That’s right.

Master Jun Hong Lu: For a person with no confidence, no change will ever take place. On the contrary, for a confident person, “change” is a norm; it is common. For example, if someone says that “you will be in a car accident today”, you could choose not to drive, couldn’t you? If so, in that instant you have made a change, right? If someone asked you, ”why are you such a bad person?” and you choose to refrain from behaving badly from then onwards, haven’t you made a change?

Caller: Yes, I understand. Thank you Master Lu for answering my question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Image: 5bff979457b79c142dab78e76133cf0c.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro