Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Toyo
09-03-2017, 01:31 PM.
Post: #1401
RE: New Toyo
Seems like TW sold off their stake in the malaysian cigarette box printer. This should help a bit in funding their expansion into Indonesia.

Sale completed to Benkert UK
Virtual currencies are worth virtually nothing.

Find Reply
09-03-2017, 04:49 PM. (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 04:56 PM by portuser.)
Post: #1402
RE: New Toyo
Tien Wah did not sell its printed carton business.

Tien Wah divested its 30% stake in Benkert Malaysia, which is in the business of manufacture and sales of standard and perforated tipping papers. Benkert United Kingdom used to own the remaining 70% of Benkert Malaysia. 

Tien Wah explained on 23 December 2016 that Bintang Pesona Jagat, the printing arm of BAT Indonesia that Tien Wah acquired in November 2016, may be in direct competition with Benkert Malaysia. As such, the sale of its stake in Benkert Malaysia to Benkert United Kingdom was to avoid any potential conflict of interest.

Find Reply
10-08-2017, 09:05 PM.
Post: #1403
RE: New Toyo
New Toyo took a hit from its efforts to restructure the printing business of Anzpac and TWPM:

The dividend of 0.6 cents was maintained.

Find Reply
10-08-2017, 09:32 PM. (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 10:20 AM by Scg8866t.)
Post: #1404
RE: New Toyo
Will this be a fair rough calculation for new toyo's current rnav?

Nav: 38.79cts
Investment properties understated by 26mil(6cts)
Smithfield land understated by 5.74mil aud for anzpac

Tienwah owns 51% of Anzpac
New toyo owns 77% of Anzpac if include TW stake

Means if they were to sell the land new toyo will get back:
5.74x1.08/0.51 x1milx0.77 /439424603 = 2.12cts

Goodwill and intangibles 27.265mil(6.15cts)

38.79 + 6 + 2.12 - 6.15= 40.76 cts

Which is ard 0.637x books at 0.26

Find Reply
11-08-2017, 09:41 AM.
Post: #1405
RE: New Toyo
(04-11-2016, 09:37 PM)BlueKelah Wrote: More details on the deal. At first glance it seems like EPS will be boosted by 10%+ at the expense of about 10% of NTA. It seems a premium was paid for the profitable Indo company. In any case, NT is establishing a foothold into the Indonesian printing market which is encouraging.

Based on 439,424,603 issued shares in the capital of the Company (“Shares”).
Before the Proposed Acquisition | After the Proposed Acquisition

Net Tangible Asset (S$’000) 164,994 | 149,067
NTA per Share (S$ cents) 37.55  | 33.92
Profit attributable to owners of the Company (S$’000) 14,673 | 16,405
Basic Earnings per Share (S$ cents) 3.34 | 3.73 (based on earnings for FY15 ending in 31 Dec 2015)

Do you think their overpayment of 18.45mil sgd for BPJ is abit excessive?

Find Reply
12-02-2019, 01:10 PM.
Post: #1406
RE: New Toyo
What's the impact of the recent plain packaging bill on new toyo?

Find Reply
12-02-2019, 04:33 PM.
Post: #1407
RE: New Toyo
(12-02-2019, 01:10 PM)desmondxyz Wrote: What's the impact of the recent plain packaging bill on new toyo?

The immediate impact is likely on both the top-line revenue and the bottom-line profit as the pricing level and hence the profit margin for fewer colors on the packaging are comparatively lower.

Another potential impact is more competitions might emerge as packaging companies with lower printing capabilities may now be able to print such packaging materials.


Find Reply

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s) | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | CONTACT US: | | Share Buy-Back | Disclosure of Interest