Bulk of Uni grads find jobs within 6 month after exams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbow 
Bulk of uni grads find jobs within 6 month after exams - BT by Sheena Tan

This is the 2nd yr, the joint survey has been conducted. Respondents were 10,534 full-time fresh graduates and 579 follow up graduates fr the 3 universities.

As at 1/11/2013, 89.3% were employed.
Mean gross salary $3,229 vs $3,050(2012)
1. NUS $3,206
2. NTU $3,187
3. SMU $3,455

Heart Love Compassion

A Life not Reflected is a Life not Worth Living.
感恩 26 April 2019 Straco AGM ppt  https://valuebuddies.com/thread-2915-pos...#pid152450
chialc88

I would not deny the time frame to find a job. But if there is any true in the salary, then i must be out of the picture. LOL $3455
Rainbow 
yewkim, don't laugh.
If the mean is $3455, can you imagine what's the top salary?
(my imagination stretched an think of some china's princeling working in the HQ of a MNC based here)

(02-03-2014, 02:12 PM)yewkim Wrote: chialc88

I would not deny the time frame to find a job. But if there is any true in the salary, then i must be out of the picture. LOL $3455
感恩 26 April 2019 Straco AGM ppt  https://valuebuddies.com/thread-2915-pos...#pid152450
(02-03-2014, 02:12 PM)yewkim Wrote: chialc88

Yewkim, sounds like you are from SMU and graduated last year. My personal observation is that $3455 is completely plausible as many of my peers are earning around this region.

Note: I graduated from SMU last year.
off topic a bit:

@yewkim and CY09,

How would you rate SMU? I am deciding whether to pursue my business degree at SMU or NTU.
Few things i suspect may skew the results.

1. People who got a job
2. People who command higher salary
3. People who already working a number of years before joining University

Cory

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

In my opinion, I do not doubt the time frame. However, I think the main question is how many of them managed to get a job in a field they are passionate in. Especially in the finance sector, some may enjoy equity research, IBD, sales & trading etc..but some do not even have that department in Singapore or having so few slots that only the best of the best manages to get these positions. Just my two cents.

SG Value Investor
http://www.sgvalueinvestor.wordpress.com
ValueEdge - Opportunities Within Asia
http://www.value-edge.com
(02-03-2014, 04:12 PM)kelvesy Wrote: off topic a bit:

@yewkim and CY09,

How would you rate SMU? I am deciding whether to pursue my business degree at SMU or NTU.

Hi Kelvesy,

Personal opinion: pretty competitive but the high intensity and what you learn will prepare you for your future career. *My degree was Political Science and not Business
(02-03-2014, 04:12 PM)kelvesy Wrote: off topic a bit:

@yewkim and CY09,

I think SMU. Then u would follow to ask why? Then I would say things that is not gg to be nice for other U. So I think u go to out there to find out and compare. It is your future. Do lot of due diligent is good.
Chialc88

I would very much discourage forumners to take the statistics at face value. Using a mean in this instance would mean that the salary gets aggregated and averaged with some princelings here and there to render the information meaningless.

As usual, journalists who are very numerically disinclined would like to pounce on some irrelevant data and trumpet it very loudly. A better indicator of the relative success should be the median instead.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any median data for each university but I have the data for each university by its course of study. I believe that the median salary is much more indicative (realistic) of what graduates can hope to achieve.

NTU

NUS

SMU