JIM ROGERS: The worst crash in our lifetime is coming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 "Rogers: Later this year or next"

-http://www.businessinsider.com/jim-roger...tB0DlYf.97

Really??
The number of videos posted on youtube making forecasts of financial collapse coming this year or next is getting alarming.

If it does come , where should we hide our money from the collapse ?
Here is a post on what Jim Roger has been saying over the last several years Tongue
http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2017/06/...harlatans/

Quote:2011:   100% Chance of Crisis, Worse Than 2008: Jim Rogers
2012:   Jim Rogers: It’s Going To Get Really “Bad After The Next Election”
2013:   Jim Rogers Warns: “You Better Run for the Hills!”
2014:   JIM ROGERS – Sell Everything & Run For Your Lives
2015:    Jim Rogers: “We’re Overdue” for a Stock Market Crash
2016:    $68 TRILLION “BIBLICAL CRASH” Dead Ahead? Jim Rogers Issues a DIRE WARNING
2017:   THE BOTTOM LINE: Legendary investor Jim Rogers expects the worst crash in our lifetime
[url=https://www.valuebuddies.com/thread-8238-post-140841.html#pid140841][/url]
actually, if not sure WHEN the crash will come...just sell progressively...and raise cash progressively...

like sell 50% keep 50%...

or break portfolio into 100 or 200 parts...then sell 1% or 0.5% everyday...
if it is uptrend, you will still capture some of the upside...

problem is most people want to keep dancing until music stops...
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
Would it not make more sense to just go by the valuation of every individual stock that you own instead of looking at whether the market is overvalued or not and agonising over when the market is going to crash!
"You are right not because the world agrees or disagrees with you, rather you are right because your facts & reasoning are right."
he is just shorting the market lah! Tongue Tongue Tongue
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
forget about timing the market...you will go crazy instead.
Just go for value stocks.
(07-07-2017, 10:20 AM)opmi Wrote: actually, if not sure WHEN the crash will come...just sell progressively...and raise cash progressively...

like sell 50% keep 50%...

or break portfolio into 100 or 200 parts...then sell 1% or 0.5% everyday...
if it is uptrend, you will still capture some of the upside...

problem is most people want to keep dancing until music stops...

Really like what u say, the reverse is true too. Buy slowly when the mRket is going down, u will capture the "value". But while markets climb gently, market plunge quickly. So in a way, it is easier to capture value then capture gain. 

This only works when u have enough money and big enough portfolio size, like what u say. Split into 100 parts. Slowly buy or sell. 

For the "poor" like me, it's like only 10 parts. 5 for buying 5 for selling. Sianz. You cannot split until too small otherwise the commission would be eating away your gain or loss liao
life goes in cycles, predictable yet uncontrollable; just like the markets, but markets give you a second chance
i want to sell my FLIT but still seems a lot of steaming ahead.

But my experience is always tend to buy and sell too early one in the market.

With the classic buyer/seller remorse.

Example i had sold Keppel DC RIET(from IPO)@ 1.2 & 1.24.

If only i know before hand Market still intact & Keppel DC price eaisly hovers around 1.28/1.29 now.

This kind of scenario i have had experienced again & again.

Wonder anyone have this repeatable experience?

Stupid huh!?
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
we never know how the market will behave lah, Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin if we do, many of us will be sooo sooooo rich! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
we can only try to guess... Tongue

but common sense will tell u, if u are making money, it's a good thing already, be happy and be contented!! Big Grin
if u are losing money, why are you losing?? think about it... Big Grin

that itself is our very own investment straits.. it's unique and makes u Zzz well/not well at nite too! Big Grin
don't bother try to be god of stock market lah.
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL!