Goldman Sachs Mulls the Death of Value Investing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goldman Sachs Mulls the Death of Value Investing
by Luke Kawa, June 8, 2017,
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...ing-decade

The investment strategy pioneered by Warren Buffett is in crisis
  • A value investing long/short strategy generated a 15 percent cumulative loss in the past decade and negative returns in 6 out of the last 10 years, according to Goldman Sachs.
  • Before that, the value strategy had a successful run of more than 70 years.
  • The investing philosophy was developed by Benjamin Graham and popularized by his student Warren Buffett.
Tae Kim@firstadopter
9 Hours AgoCNBC.com

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/08/the-inves...risis.html

"At Berkshire we focus almost exclusively on the valuations of individual companies, looking only to a very limited extent at the valuation of the overall market. Even then, valuing the market has nothing to do with where it's going to go next week or next month or next year, a line of thought we never get into. The fact is that markets behave in ways, sometimes for a very long stretch, that are not linked to value. Sooner or later, though, value counts." - Warren Buffett, Fortune Nov. 1999
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Research, research and research - Please do your own due diligence (DYODD) before you invest - Any reliance on my analysis is SOLELY at your own risk.
The last time, similar doubt was happening during dotcom period.

Will Buffett prevail this round? I believe so, will you?
Good, good.

The fewer the practitioners of value investing, the more the bargains we can find. Wink
Opinion: Value investing isn’t dead — but it has gotten harder

By David Trainer and Sam McBride
Published: June 23, 2017 7:46 a.m. ET

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/value-i...2017-06-23
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Research, research and research - Please do your own due diligence (DYODD) before you invest - Any reliance on my analysis is SOLELY at your own risk.
GS, they never give up, and they are blind most of the time.... WB is just right in front of them, and yet.... Tongue Tongue Tongue
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
Who say Value Investing is dead?

Never!

When a Black Swan appears, most expensive stocks are on fire sale.

Cheap! Cheap!

Only thing is too many things on sale at the same time, it may not be easy to distinguished the Real Bargains.

Besides, must have the guts to buy at this time when everyone is selling like mad.
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.