The Secret Behind a Property Company's 2,500% Stock Surge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Secret Behind a Property Company's 2,500% Stock Surge

by Ian C Sayson and Clarissa Batino
February 2, 2017, 5:00 AM GMT+8 Updated on February 2, 2017, 10:46 AM GMT+8

It’s been a fast ascent for college dropout Edgar “Injap” Sia, who less than a decade ago was selling barbecue chicken in the Philippines. He now leads the real estate developer with the best stock gains in Asia.

His company, DoubleDragon Properties Corp., went public in the Philippines in 2014 and has surged 2,500 percent since it began trading in April that year through Jan. 31, beating 460 other Asian developers worth at least $500 million. That surge has inflated DoubleDragon’s market value to 115.1 billion pesos ($2.3 billion), propelling it to the nation’s top five developers even though it owns and manages a fraction of the real estate held by its rivals.

Sia was studying architecture when he dropped out at 19 to start a business venture with classmates. Now 40, Sia ranks among the youngest tycoons in the Philippines. In 2003, he started a chicken shop in Iloilo City before turning it into a nationwide chain that overtook McDonald’s Corp. in store count in 2010. That year, he sold his Mang Inasal chicken chain to Jollibee Foods Corp., and later partnered with its founder Tony Tan Caktiong and with SM Investments Corp., owner of the nation’s largest retailer, to venture into property and malls.

More details in https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...tock-surge
Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.
(02-02-2017, 03:29 PM)cyclone Wrote: The Secret Behind a Property Company's 2,500% Stock Surge

It’s been a fast ascent for college dropout Edgar “Injap” Sia, who less than a decade ago was selling barbecue chicken in the Philippines. He now leads the real estate developer with the best stock gains in Asia.

His company, DoubleDragon Properties Corp., went public in the Philippines in 2014 and has surged 2,500 percent since it began trading in April that year through Jan. 31, beating 460 other Asian developers worth at least $500 million. That surge has inflated DoubleDragon’s market value to 115.1 billion pesos ($2.3 billion), propelling it to the nation’s top five developers even though it owns and manages a fraction of the real estate held by its rivals.

Sia was studying architecture when he dropped out at 19 to start a business venture with classmates. Now 40, Sia ranks among the youngest tycoons in the Philippines. In 2003, he started a chicken shop in Iloilo City before turning it into a nationwide chain that overtook McDonald’s Corp. in store count in 2010. That year, he sold his Mang Inasal chicken chain to Jollibee Foods Corp., and later partnered with its founder Tony Tan Caktiong and with SM Investments Corp., owner of the nation’s largest retailer, to venture into property and malls.

I know Edgar personally.
Very humble guy.
When I first met him many years ago, he was already extremely wealthy, but havent started Double Dragon. 
I asked him what do you do for a living.
His reply: "I sell fried chicken".
good biz sia, fried chicken overtook MacDonalds! and sold to Jollibee! Big Grin

Always good to see an biz-owner succeed!
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
(02-02-2017, 05:35 PM)TTTI Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 03:29 PM)cyclone Wrote: The Secret Behind a Property Company's 2,500% Stock Surge

I know Edgar personally.
Very humble guy.
When I first met him many years ago, he was already extremely wealthy, but havent started Double Dragon. 
I asked him what do you do for a living.
His reply: "I sell fried chicken".

It looks like he found his mentor and sold the fried chicken stalls to him. Together, they went on the conquer new lands. Smile
Thanks for sharing, enjoyed reading this.