Introduction to Valuebuddies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear everyone,

This is my first post as a new member to Valuebuddies. This investment forum distinguishes itself from the other Singaporean forums by the quality of its postings. Posts on other forums tend to be short one or two liners which are written straight from the gut without much thinking. The posts here are thoughtful. 

I would like to see the opinions of the thoughtful forummers on certain issues. I will start a thread on this later.

By the way, there seems to be some technical problems with registrations. I encountered the error below while attempting to do the registration.
"Sorry, the administrator has disabled certain new account registrations."

Helpful cyclone helped to resolve the problem. Thanks.

Not complaining about the technical problem but I think it will affect the growth of the ValueBuddies community. I notice that the number of posts each day has shrunken.
(26-12-2016, 02:37 PM)tmhy Wrote: Dear everyone,

This is my first post as a new member to Valuebuddies. This investment forum distinguishes itself from the other Singaporean forums by the quality of its postings. Posts on other forums tend to be short one or two liners which are written straight from the gut without much thinking. The posts here are thoughtful. 

I would like to see the opinions of the thoughtful forummers on certain issues. I will start a thread on this later.

By the way, there seems to be some technical problems with registrations. I encountered the error below while attempting to do the registration.
"Sorry, the administrator has disabled certain new account registrations."

Helpful cyclone helped to resolve the problem. Thanks.

Not complaining about the technical problem but I think it will affect the growth of the ValueBuddies community. I notice that the number of posts each day has shrunken.

I concur
It does seem a lot quieter here these days
I remember it used to be such that I couldn't keep up with all the comments posted daily
These days, there's much less and some of the comments are also rather random.
I agree, registrations should be open to new members.

If post quality is a concern, that should be left up to the community and moderators to discourage random / meaningless posts.
(26-12-2016, 07:45 PM)bardsmanship Wrote: I agree, registrations should be open to new members.

If post quality is a concern, that should be left up to the community and moderators to discourage random / meaningless posts.

There should be no problem in registration now : https://www.valuebuddies.com/member.php?action=register
Sorry for the error.
Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.
it's the holidays seasons mah, a lot of vbs just rest and relax, Big Grin
frankly speaking, most are just waiting at the sidelines... 2017 will be rocky!!! Big Grin Big Grin

hang on there! Tongue
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
(26-12-2016, 08:50 PM)cyclone Wrote:
(26-12-2016, 07:45 PM)bardsmanship Wrote: I agree, registrations should be open to new members.

There should be no problem in registration now : https://www.valuebuddies.com/member.php?action=register
Sorry for the error.

no problem liao. i registered successfully =)