What-expenses-to-cut

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrote an article on Expenses in view of large loan risk. How I go about calculating my cash flow.
And anticipation before it impacts our lifestyle.

Article below
Link

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

do a stress test on your capital/cashflows, see how long you can tahan without income? Tongue
if got car, how about becoming uber/grab driver? additional income... Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
In essence is like a Stress Test on Perpetual Continuity. Higher standard ? Tongue

Will need to do an analysis of the number of hours with having a car and part uber/grab driver. Think it will helps !
Can also possibly improve life quality with a personal car. Good idea indeed.

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

increase ur investment funds and total returns!, rope in your parents/in-laws fixed deposits and be their fund manager! Big Grin

$50K each, the banks's fd rate 1.2 to 2% (SGS) is very easy to beat! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
Actually it does not take a lot of money to survive in Singapore.
However it becomes very expensive if you wish to "live well" and have the better things in life. That's when the problem starts, over committing to lifestyle wants. Income is always unpredictable unless you are working for an entity where the chances of retrenchment is almost 0. For the rest of us, life gets tougher.

I have realized that it is increasing difficult to make money. Any area which is slightly lucrative, new entrants will come in by the hoards and cause an oversupply. This causes most businesses within the industry to bleed and the strongest will take the lion's share. Seen it happen in Insurance, transport, retail, manufacturing, ... ...
(22-06-2016, 11:17 PM)Big Toe Wrote: Actually it does not take a lot of money to survive in Singapore.
However it becomes very expensive if you wish to "live well" and have the better things in life. That's when the problem starts, over committing to lifestyle wants. Income is always unpredictable unless you are working for an entity where the chances of retrenchment is almost 0. For the rest of us, life gets tougher.

I have realized that it is increasing difficult to make money. Any area which is slightly lucrative, new entrants will come in by the hoards and cause an oversupply. This causes most businesses within the industry to bleed and the strongest will take the lion's share. Seen it happen in Insurance, transport, retail, manufacturing, ... ...

I totally agree
The dissatisfaction is because everyone wants more and more stuff. Actually, it does not take a lot of money to survive comfortably.
Not luxuriously. But comfortably.
Yes. Survival is not hard at all to most in Singapore.

Here's my thought

Comfortable is a big word. Is about meeting something without feel of "pain" and some elements of enjoyment. A state where there is no great need to further improve.

Luxury will be something a lot more than that. Is about extravagance. About indulgence. About waste.

I think in the article, my wants fall within comfortable range be it at higher or just level of that band.

The problem i feel for most locals are the needs for comfortable lifestyle is presented in dissatisfaction manners. They cried for more instead of being part of the change (improve). There is high dependency on authority to resolve their want. There is a price to pay to achieve that which they are unwilling to pay for.

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

I beg to differ. I guess those who feel doesnt need much money to survive doesnt have kids and parents who are financially dependent on you.
(23-06-2016, 08:19 AM)corydorus Wrote: Luxury will be something a lot more than that. Is about extravagance. About indulgence. About waste.

I concur, especially on the "waste".

Waste, comes as we order more food than we need

Waste, comes as we can get more, by travel via cheaper public transport, than expansive private transport. I have more "extra" time to do more thing, instead of driving.

Waste, comes as keeping infrequent used services/products, paid or free. Mobile Roaming, Cable-TV etc. etc.

Waste, as to keep investment property vacant, as "weekend resort"

(I hate waste  Tongue )
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(23-06-2016, 08:19 AM)corydorus Wrote: Comfortable is a big word. Is about meeting something without feel of "pain" and some elements of enjoyment. A state where there is no great need to further improve.

Luxury will be something a lot more than that. Is about extravagance. About indulgence. About waste.

I think in the article, my wants fall within comfortable range be it at higher or just level of that band.

The problem i feel for most locals are the needs for comfortable lifestyle is presented in dissatisfaction manners. They cried for more instead of being part of the change (improve). There is high dependency on authority to resolve their want. There is a price to pay to achieve that which they are unwilling to pay for.

Based on your definition, you should have a car. Peak hour commuting will entail some level of discomfort or "pain". Personally I can accept some discomfort if it save cost. And it not just physical discomfort, but psychological discomfort as well. I suspect the latter is more difficult to tolerate for most Asians. It is important to develop a thick skin. Discussion like this, helps Tongue.

Like CF, I dislike waste. Even if I am not the one paying. In fact I abhor consumerism and fashion consciousness.