Singaporean Net-Nets listed on the SGX as of 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I took the time to research and compile these stocks that trade below 67% of Net Current Asset Value (Current Assets less Total Liabilities). A few of these recently emerged in 2015 as a result of the depressed STI.

These are the only Singaporean net-nets on the SGX, excluding S-chips:

Multi-Chem (AWZ) 

Matex International (M15) 

Nobel Design Holdings (547) 

TSH Corporation (574) 

ASTI Holdings (575) 

Asia Enterprises (A55) 

Lion Asiapac (BAZ) 

Excelpoint Technology (BDF)

Do let me know if I have missed any.
I guess one good stats to have is how long these stocks have been trading below 2/3 of NCAV?
(02-01-2016, 10:17 PM)beau Wrote: I took the time to research and compile these stocks that trade below 67% of Net Current Asset Value (Current Assets less Total Liabilities). A few of these recently emerged in 2015 as a result of the depressed STI.

These are the only Singaporean net-nets on the SGX, excluding S-chips:

Multi-Chem (AWZ) 

Matex International (M15) 

Nobel Design Holdings (547) 

TSH Corporation (574) 

ASTI Holdings (575) 

Asia Enterprises (A55) 

Lion Asiapac (BAZ) 

Excelpoint Technology (BDF)

(Note: Excelpoint is not a net-net anymore as a result of their latest quarterly financial statements where Provisions increased under their liability account. I believe they still trade at around NCAV.)

Do let me know if I have missed any.
Think you may have missed Hupsteel H73
Chasen Holdings, Nippecraft, HG metal
Nice list! Moderators, this should be a new Sticky on this value forum! easy reference and starting point for newcomers.
Virtual currencies are worth virtually nothing.
http://thebluefund.blogspot.com
As requested, the thread has been made sticky.

Regards
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
thanks beau, and this is my first post and indeed your post is the region for my registration :Smile good job.
Would caution newcomers that while some of these companies may be net-nets, identifying the ones where management has its interest aligned with minority shareholders and not just lining their own pockets is very crucial.
ValueEdge - Opportunities Within Asia
http://www.value-edge.com
^^ net-nets are net-nets for some reasons. Just like a pretty girl, who wont be available too long for guys to chase.

when playing net-nets, must at least know specifically why it is undervalued.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
(04-01-2016, 03:39 PM)opmi Wrote: ^^ net-nets are net-nets for some reasons. Just like a pretty girl, who wont be available too long for guys to chase.

when playing net-nets, must at least know specifically why it is undervalued.

Pure quantitative mean of net-nets investing, needs broad diversification, to work. Both our mentors, The late Graham, and Schloss were having about 100 stocks with the approach.
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡