Have you ever dream to be a $Millionaire?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/6-facto...2015-03-14
/////////////////////////////////////
Long-term focus: Seemingly every study ever done of wealthy Americans says they are focused on the long-term and making their money grow over time, rather than worrying mostly about what is happening to their money right now. Short-term moves mostly are made because they feel good in the moment, but long-term focus is essential to achieve savings growth over a lifetime.

Investing style: The emerging affluent invest aggressively, which means taking on riskier investments with the promise of bigger long-term payoffs, and they tend to be hands-on investors, making their own decisions. If it “takes money to make money,” for most people that means putting at least some of their money into strategies focused on payoffs sufficient enough to reach their long-term goals.

NB - Unquote:-
Never dare to dream or think off as we were just average paid workers.

We(i) just think of no debts(especially my wife), spend below our means, and invest, invest in SGX. or anything that can make money.
Then suddenly, hey it has become my lifetime "hobby"(habits) - that is anything that can invest to make money.
Of course, must continue to spend below our means. (But our target mean keep shifting higher without control.)

But as retirees, we find it much more difficult because we have too much time to spend.

Too much time to spend means what?
It means more time to spend money lol!
So retirees usually spend more for the first few years compare to when they are working is quite true for most people.
And no, no, no debt as usual.
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
Mmmm....

think maybe most sg ppls are asset rich, ie, minimum a hdb... 1/2 a millionaire maybe? Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
One million dollars = One resale 5 room flat in Queenways/Tiong Bahru area close proximity to the MRT.
1 Million probably good to last about 15 years of retirement. 30 years if you are more frugal.
A million dollars is not easy to accumulate but its value have slowly diminished over time.
And that same million dollars will get you very much less in the future.
well it depends on what kind of lifestyle one would like to lead. can still find 3 to 4 dollars meal plus 80 cents kopi in Sg compared to some other countries where fried rice can go up to 20 to 30 sgd. if the person knows how to make a Mil thru investing most probably the 1 Mil can generate dividends that cover his expenses for life.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
If you already have a million in cash, you can easily get at least 6% dividend by buying REITs. This can give you $60,000 in dividend a year which can probably sustain an above average lifestyle for life.
(31-12-2015, 07:24 AM)Life is a game Wrote: well it depends on what kind of lifestyle one would like to lead. can still find 3 to 4 dollars meal plus 80 cents kopi in Sg compared to some other countries where fried rice can go up to 20 to 30 sgd. if the person knows how to make a Mil thru investing most probably the 1 Mil can generate dividends that cover his expenses for life.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I concur. A person who able to accumulate 1 mil via investing and saving, is likely able to get a reasonable and sustainable yield from the 1 mil for retirement.

We should strike a balance on the planning. On one hand, we shouldn't take retirement fund as static fund. On the other hand, we should adjust the expectation by the lower risk tolerance during retirement.

(sharing a view)
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(30-12-2015, 04:07 PM)brattzz Wrote: Mmmm....

think maybe most sg ppls are asset rich, ie, minimum a hdb... 1/2 a millionaire maybe? Big Grin

Well, you can sell away your flat and rent it back for 30 years. To me is still an asset to net worth. Smile

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

hdbreits? Tongue
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
(31-12-2015, 12:47 PM)brattzz Wrote: hdbreits? Tongue

Hahaha, very good idea, for sure will be very popular..
Wink 
Life is a game Wrote:well it depends on what kind of lifestyle one would like to lead. can still find 3 to 4 dollars meal plus 80 cents kopi in Sg compared to some other countries where fried rice can go up to 20 to 30 sgd. if the person knows how to make a Mil thru investing most probably the 1 Mil can generate dividends that cover his expenses for life.

$4 Meal is a rip off !! Go to Ananas cafe and enjoy a $2+ economical meal  Big Grin.