MND Will Focus On New Housing Policies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SINGAPORE: The Ministry of National Development (MND) will focus on implementing new schemes and policy changes announced this year, said National Development Minister Lawrence Wong. Recent changes in policies include increasing monthly household income ceilings for new HDB flats and ECs by S$2,000 to S$12,000 and S$14,000, respectively. The existing executive condo includes The Terrace EC, The Criterion EC and Brownstone EC while upcoming ones include Signature At Yishun EC , Parc Life EC , Visionaire EC and Wandervale EC.

In his first blog post after assuming his role, Mr Wong wrote that his priority in the immediate term would be to see through the implementation of the 2-Room Flexi scheme and recent housing policy changes, which will take effect for the Build-to-Order (BTO) launch in November.

“Work has also started on the Fresh Start Housing Scheme. We will announce the details in due course so that families with young children in rental flats can become home owners again,” Mr Wong added.

At this year’s National Day Rally, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had announced that the elderly will be able to choose the duration of the lease for their two-room Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats, under the new 2-Room Flexi scheme.

Other policy changes include higher income ceilings to buy BTO flats and Executive Condominium units, as well as to qualify for housing grants.

Mr Wong also stressed that MND will work with stakeholders, and he noted that the ministry has been gathering ideas and feedback for its Jurong Lake District development project.

“I will continue the tradition of listening, consulting and engaging all stakeholders,” wrote Mr Wong. “I hope Singaporeans will give me suggestions and feedback so we can be even better.”