OCBC launches financial literacy app for children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One more tool for personal finance education of your children? I like the "value of compounded interest", which is the key for value investing.  Big Grin

OCBC launches financial literacy app for children
18 Nov 2015 09:00
By Jamie Lee

OCBC Bank on Monday launched a financial literacy app that was created with four primary school students, with the bank looking to expand its reach of financial literacy education to children.

The free app, named The Mighty Savers, will teach wise spending, investments, and the value of compounded interest to children.

The product was developed over seven months by OCBC staff, and four 10-year-old students from Yu Neng Primary School.

Ooi Sang Kuang, chairman, OCBC Bank, said that this is in line with Singapore's push for greater innovation and to build "deep skills".

"I think one or more of these four students may well become successful technopreneurs one day," he said at the press conference to mark the launch of the game. Mr Ooi launched this together with Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister for Communications and Information, OCBC's chief Samuel Tsien, and the school's principal Clara Lim-Tan.
Source: Business Times
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
I had to do a double take and re-read the name. At first I thought it was Ooi Sai Kang (hokkien joke). Big Grin