Online Trading Platform

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi HK forummers,
I am new to HK, and am looking to open an account for an online trading. Which platforms are generally the most popular here and why? Also, which features are important and/or unique to each?
Thanks!
Err.... most of the buddies here trade in SG leh
(16-04-2015, 10:13 AM)swabthedeck Wrote: Hi HK forummers,
I am new to HK, and am looking to open an account for an online trading. Which platforms are generally the most popular here and why? Also, which features are important and/or unique to each?
Thanks!

peng yao, nei mo gao cho ah, li dou mm hai hiong kong, li dou hai sin ga poh

looks like HKSE stock fever just came to our forum!
Virtual currencies are worth virtually nothing.
http://thebluefund.blogspot.com
If you want to start an account with a broker , you should make enquiries to singapore based brokers which advertise having office branch in Hong Kong. The problem may with brokers is they want your money sitting in their account before they accept your buy instruction. Also transfer of funds to the broker and payments back to bank account in Singapore may be a hassle. But that is for you to enquire direct with broker .

The other way is to open a bank account which is linked with online facility to buy and sell shares and I suggest you make enquiry with DBS ,HSBC or Standard Chartered Banks. You probably need to open a HK$ account or there will be exchange rate problems with each order.
Hk market has been very volatile recently. In fact, there are reports showings hot money flowing to HK for shares trading.

SG in another sense more on slow and steady.
Hk stock has been active and there are reports showing money flowing to HK. More volatile and trading opportunities
The money flowing onto HK stock market is from mainland investors through the Shanghai-Hong Kong connect scheme . The mainland investors had been buying up their A shares on the Shanghai exchange to new highs in 1st Qtr-2015 and left the H shares ( of dual listed china companies) looking comparatively cheap. So when the wave of China arbitrage funds hit the HK market early in April, daily turnover more than trebled.

More investment funds are expected later in the year as the Shenzhen- Hong Kong connect scheme commences.

So if you consider yourself to be a share trader, the HK stock market is the better place to look for opportunity and short term trading.
(09-05-2015, 07:20 PM)soros Wrote: The money flowing onto HK stock market is from mainland investors through the Shanghai-Hong Kong connect scheme . The mainland investors had been buying up their A shares on the Shanghai exchange to new highs in 1st Qtr-2015 and left the H shares ( of dual listed china companies) looking comparatively cheap. So when the wave of China arbitrage funds hit the HK market early in April, daily turnover more than trebled.

More investment funds are expected later in the year as the Shenzhen- Hong Kong connect scheme commences.

So if you consider yourself to be a share trader, the HK stock market is the better place to look for opportunity and short term trading.

Hi.

I believe the above is only part of the story. As far as I am aware, South bound investors have only accounted for 10-15% of the daily HKSE volume (there is a daily quota that they cannot exceed). Possibly, if this is focused only on China stocks, then these mainland investors may account for a much higher percentage of an individual stock's volume. However, given the increased HKSE volume, a lot of the speculation seems to be driven by HK and international investors jumping on the bandwaggon.