MAS and CAD to jointly investigate market misconduct offences

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting arrangement...Big Grin

MAS and CAD to jointly investigate market misconduct offences

SINGAPORE (Mar 17): The Monetary Authority of Singapore, the republic’s de facto central bank, along with the Commercial Affairs Department of the Singapore Police Force, say they will start joint probes of market misconduct, such as insider trading and market manipulation.

The two agencies, which previously conducted separate investigations, will decide whether violations are criminal or civil in nature.

“With joint investigations, MAS and CAD will now jointly investigate all potential market misconduct offences from the outset. The decision on whether a case is subject to civil penalty action or criminal prosecution will be made when investigations are concluded,” the agencies said in a joint statement.

Under the new arrangement, MAS and CAD will consolidate their investigative resources and expertise, drawing significant synergies from MAS’ role as a financial regulator and CAD’s financial crime investigation and intelligence capabilities.

“The new arrangement also allows for greater coordination when formulating enforcement policies in the area of market misconduct,” the agencies added.

The arrangement will also improve the overall effectiveness of market misconduct investigations.

MAS officers taking part in the joint investigations are gazetted as Commercial Affairs Officers, giving them the same criminal powers of investigation as CAD officers.

Such powers include the ability to search premises and seize items, and to order financial institutions to monitor customer accounts.
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/sg/article...t-offences
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
Probably because they just realize they don't have a market misconduct investigation department... =P

Last minute scrambling to make up a team, but not enough head count...
One would have presumed that the legal eagles will be doing all they can to go after crooks...

Anyway like I say still awaiting the investigation outcome of the collapse of the famous trios: Asiasons, Blumont and LionGold...

Seriously very very unlike Singapore... no outcome will continue to result in unnecessary speculations over what is going on... more than 18 months liao...

Are our legal eagles so clueless especially in the modern age of technology...

confused
Must show to the investing public they are trying to do something for them after so many con jobs , especially by the S chips management.
“risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.”
I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
MAS been sitting on their fat asses after these years. This is way too late.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
(18-03-2015, 08:12 AM)opmi Wrote: MAS been sitting on their fat asses after these years. This is way too late.

Must wayang to show they care for small investors after many lost their hard earned savings.
In today's TODAY page 43 , good article to read.
I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
Sorry, a little bit off but related:-

Lately, just before popular TV shows on CH 8, you will get to see so many 10 to 15 snippets of wayang, wayang, how so, so caring our G for Singaporeans. Can't be help, GE is around the corner?
Why then they increase the duty tax on petrol? (Name me any country that increase petrol duty when oil prices has been tumbling down) You can afford a car, you must be rich, right? If not why our G increases the petrol duty? Are they afraid of GE round the corner? No i think. i think our G has been taking us, Singaporean for granted for too long already. Until some of our Gs think Singaporeans are daft.

NB:-

Top Definition:-

DAFT

an expression or state of mind that is ditzy, blank or just plain empty.

That went right over my head. I must be daft.

by amanda February 15, 2005
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
From my past observation whenever GE around the corner one of the signs is there will be a lot of police presence around you will hear and read about anti-vice raids supposedly "to tighten" one will also hear also a lot of NEA fines LTA traffic fines issue. Are they collecting money first to offset what they intend to give out as freebies later? Big Grin
GE is like Oscar. Films nearer to Oscar date has better chance of winning awards.
(18-03-2015, 09:56 AM)Temperament Wrote: Sorry, a little bit off but related:-

Lately, just before popular TV shows on CH 8, you will get to see so many 10 to 15 snippets of wayang, wayang, how so, so caring our G for Singaporeans. Can't be help, GE is around the corner?
Why then they increase the duty tax on petrol? (Name me any country that increase petrol duty when oil prices has been tumbling down) You can afford a car, you must be rich, right? If not why our G increases the petrol duty? Are they afraid of GE round the corner? No i think. i think our G has been taking us, Singaporean for granted for too long already. Until some of our Gs think Singaporeans are daft.

Top Definition:-

DAFT

an expression or state of mind that is ditzy, blank or just plain empty.

That went right over my head. I must be daft.

by amanda February 15, 2005

The one who thinks others are stupid is in fact the most stupid among all. Smile