Paya Lebar Airbase relocation to only take place from 2030

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It will be a long wait for Paya Lebar residents...

Paya Lebar Airbase relocation to only take place from 2030

SINGAPORE — The relocation of Paya Lebar Airbase will only take place in at least another 15 years’ time, at about 2030 and beyond.

This is because, current airbases — Changi Airbase East and Tengah Airbase — will have to be first expanded to replace the Paya Lebar Airbase, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen said in a written parliamentary reply to MP Christopher de Souza yesterday (Jan 20).

Mr de Souza had asked for an update on the Airbase’s relocation plans, which were first announced during the National Day Rally 2013 by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/pay...place-2030
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
It will be used as a chip.
Once the buildings are allowed to go up in geylang they need to clean up the red light district otherwise nobody will feel safe to live there.

But I see when that goes the commercial activities that people patronize every day like numerous restaurants pubs coffeeshops numerous 24hr supermarkets around geylang will drop significantly because they heavily depend on the red light entertainment to pull in the traffic. It will be quite dead place.

Add:

You can even see for yourselves today. There are 2 faces in Geylang

both odd and even from lorongs 6 - 45

In between some of these lolongs are residential where there are less or no night activities go see for yourselves how dead it is in such places then after that try to imagine totally zero night activities in the whole geylang and further imagine if the current commercial that provide the convenience will still want to operate in such place. Big Grin
Changi-geylang-Kallang was the old "expressway" in the east... won't be dead place though activities mix may change
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward

Think Asset-Business-Structure (ABS)
(22-01-2015, 03:22 PM)specuvestor Wrote: Changi-geylang-Kallang was the old "expressway" in the east... won't be dead place though activities mix may change

With 6.9m population target n possibly 10m, no where in singapore would be "dead".
The thing I am scared most is not nightmares or market crashes..... Its my greed that I fear the most.

When people ask what is my target price, I never have any good answer for it because Philip Fisher said before (in Common Stock Uncommon Profit) that the best time to sell is never. Equity investment is buying into ownership, not betting slips.

The path to greatness and wealth is necessarily dangerous.... because greed is a fearsome fore that threatens your success at every step.
10m will come sooner than 2030! Big Grin

buy-buy-buy!! Tongue
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
buy what?

from only 2030 onward...good luck to those staying residential areas around paya lebar airbase..another 15 good years to enjoy the sounds of fighter jets taking off...

not vested around those areas.
(22-01-2015, 11:35 PM)pianist Wrote: buy what?

from only 2030 onward...good luck to those staying residential areas around paya lebar airbase..another 15 good years to enjoy the sounds of fighter jets taking off...

not vested around those areas.

Singapore is a small country. It is inevitable that one would hear the sound of the fighter jet engines. Let us understand that the operators need to train to reach the required levels of proficiencies. As it is, a big portion of training is already carried out overseas.
(22-01-2015, 05:02 PM)brattzz Wrote: 10m will come sooner than 2030! Big Grin

buy-buy-buy!! Tongue
Dont bet on it. That is provided 10m goes down well with the citizens' stomach and the current govt is still the ruling majority.
(23-01-2015, 08:05 AM)Bibi Wrote:
(22-01-2015, 05:02 PM)brattzz Wrote: 10m will come sooner than 2030! Big Grin

buy-buy-buy!! Tongue
Dont bet on it. That is provided 10m goes down well with the citizens' stomach and the current govt is still the ruling majority.

Frankly speaking, i see citizens got no other choices, Tongue
sure, we can rant all day long, who can we trust nowsday? Big Grin
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL!