Anyone have any thoughts about what they are looking to pick up in this current dip?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil prices seem to be having a negative effect on global stock markets across the board, which is great for us value investors as it means we get some Christmas sales to greet the new year with.

One sector we are looking at are the refiners, particularly Phillips 66. Their stock feed (assuming they have not hedged oil prices for too long) will be much cheaper in the coming months which should have a positive effect on the bottom line.

Their fundamentals don't look great over the past 5yrs though.

Since this dip is caused by the crude oil price, I am looking at oil related counters with good fundamentals and the prices had dropped quite substantially. Currently, I am monitoring SembCorp Marine and Golden Agri. I had bought some but will accumulate when the WTI dropped further. My focus is now on the WTI rather than the stock prices. Will start purchasing these 2 stocks again when WTI is $44 and load up more if WTI is $32 (if ever). Imho.
WTI $30 EASILY, many have forgotten or dun know about what happened with oil during asian financial crisis.

Not picking anything up until STI goes below 3000 the way things are going, or until helicopter yellen gives the green light for qe4

via Galaxy Tab S with Tapatalk
Virtual currencies are worth virtually nothing.
http://thebluefund.blogspot.com
Semb Corp industries but at 3.20 - 3.50 though
I was always taught buy BP when it goes below 400p, it is now at 373p although it is already in my portfolio.
Kind of interesting on who really buy on dip or we have waited and waited being kiasu and kiasi race LOL
So I went it around 3.2 as i like to have some SBI in my portfolio.

I did not waited for it to go below 3.1 and went in much bigger as i think it hits near resistance range 3.0~3.1 after doing my value maths that it is worth to keep and forget type. Still i secretly hope for cheaper price next time.

Semb Corp industries at 3.1 ~ 3.2

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

Should continue to drop below 3 together with oil price i reckon. Still a couple more months to go before opec meets again. Sti didnt even touch 3000 this round.

Not vested.

via Galaxy Tab S with Tapatalk
Virtual currencies are worth virtually nothing.
http://thebluefund.blogspot.com
I bought ST Engg, Sabana and Singtel. Missed out on Keppel Corp.
Not much bargain in the market given the potential slowdown in our economy. Already a lot of sector not doing well or showing recessionary sign in singapore

1.) retail sale down
2.) tourism down
3.) property down
4.) oil and gas down

The drop in earning had not factor into the share price
just a very slow train crash being played out before our eyes