Flying robots to start serving in restaurants by end-2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am thinking how to prevent my kid to disturb the robots while serving? It is a magnet for the kids, I guess...Big Grin

Flying robots to start serving in restaurants by end-2015

SINGAPORE — Restaurant-goers can expect to be served by autonomous flying robots — a world’s first commercial attempt — by the end of the next year.

Infinium Robotics Pte Ltd chief executive officer Woon Junyang signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Edward Chia, managing director of Timbre Group, on Oct 31 this year.

Infinium-Serve, the autonomous flying robotic waiters, will be first launched at one of Timbre Group’s five outlets in Singapore. Mr Woon estimated the project cost to be a “low seven-figure sum” for the five outlets, but subjected to final negotiations and certain variables of the actual deployment of the robots.

Both Infinium Robotics and the Timbre Group are seeking productivity-related government grants to help offset deployment costs.
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/fly...s-end-2015
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
This is a total waste of grants, i wonder who is the gov body that approves this! ....getting drones to be waiters... Big Grin
Drones are better deployed for out-door activities, promos, events...etc..

A simple conveyor belt can serve well as proven by Sakae Sushi...

sometimes i wonder what are our gov thinking??!! Big Grin

7 digits somemore!!
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
it's called FPV if you haven't heard or first person viewers radio-controlled planes they come in quadcopters or airplane model with mounted videocam usually go-pro, the flying models some can cost as much as over $3000 basic models usually several hundred.

Before you go out and buy one I read somewhere IDA is monitoring radio frequency people have been told to stop flying FPV but seems like rotorcopters are allowed so not sure about rules.

(27-11-2014, 09:57 PM)brattzz Wrote: This is a total waste of grants, i wonder who is the gov body that approves this! ....getting drones to be waiters... Big Grin

7 digits somemore!!

Yes. agree. The copters are not matured enough nor suitable to do the job yet. It looks cool in the video but when one is flying near you, the sound and the downdraft will drive fear into most people.
Not to mention that any motor will fail suddenly and the copter will fall like a rock.

And, one big bowl of soup is easily 3-4kg. You can imagine the amount of air that needs to be displaced in order to lift the whole copter+soup.
it's ultimately for control, there's a lot of privacy issues. They intro the commercial model, deliver your mail deliver your soup then once people get used to it they find justification for law enforcement surveillance use.

They already going to use this in the US and for law enforcement. The coming rise of the machines.

http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2012/s3582815.htm
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Vision...ords=drone

I have seen one in action at Funan Centre, not easy to control... Tongue
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
Try monkey.

Monkey Business: Monkeys as Waiters in Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v...7eH8&gl=SG
(28-11-2014, 11:32 AM)yeokiwi Wrote:
(27-11-2014, 09:57 PM)brattzz Wrote: This is a total waste of grants, i wonder who is the gov body that approves this! ....getting drones to be waiters... Big Grin

7 digits somemore!!

Yes. agree. The copters are not matured enough nor suitable to do the job yet. It looks cool in the video but when one is flying near you, the sound and the downdraft will drive fear into most people.
Not to mention that any motor will fail suddenly and the copter will fall like a rock.

And, one big bowl of soup is easily 3-4kg. You can imagine the amount of air that needs to be displaced in order to lift the whole copter+soup.

For the sceptical, take a look at this fascinating 16 mins demo video of quadcopters recorded 1.5 yrs ago:

The astounding athletic power of quadcopters

The algorithms controlling the quadcopters will ensure no food or liquid is spilt.