Go for OCBC, SingPost, SingTel, Sheng Siong, China Merchant for "stable" yields: DBS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DBS recommendation amid the Singapore market sentiment. I scored 2 out of 5, how about yours? Big Grin

Go for OCBC, SingPost, SingTel, Sheng Siong, China Merchant for "stable" yields: DBS

SINGAPORE (Nov 25): In the face of what it calls a lethargic Singapore market, DBS ( Financial Dashboard) Vickers says investors can consider OCBC ( Financial Dashboard), Singapore Post ( Financial Dashboard), SingTel ( Financial Dashboard), Sheng Siong ( Financial Dashboard) and China Merchant Holdings (Financial Dashboard) for their stable yields.
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/sg/article...yields-dbs
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(25-11-2014, 04:51 PM)CityFarmer Wrote: DBS recommendation amid the Singapore market sentiment. I scored 2 out of 5, how about yours? Big Grin

SINGAPORE (Nov 25): In the face of what it calls a lethargic Singapore market, DBS ( Financial Dashboard) Vickers says investors can consider OCBC ( Financial Dashboard), Singapore Post ( Financial Dashboard), SingTel ( Financial Dashboard), Sheng Siong ( Financial Dashboard) and China Merchant Holdings (Financial Dashboard) for their stable yields.
CF, Thanks for bringing this up.
I see a good opportunity for retailers to create more volume and awareness for the
5 stocks, especially for CMHP. It can create more volume for both buying in and selling out.
I got singpost and singtel. May add CMPH soon.
Hmm, i find the environment more unfavourable to putting in money into the markets while preferring to hold more cash.

For i am watching (in no order)
a. Gold referendum in switzerland (Nov 30, 2014 12:00:00 CET) - Passing would mean replenishing swiss vaults with gold buying + 1,800 tonnes of gold over 5 years
i. Refocus on money printing against gold backing
ii. China's emergence with gold hoard vs US's hoard
iii. Non trust on US Fed vault - Deportation of sovereign gold back to Germany & Netherlands
b. Japanese economy implosion - localised damage
c. US debt ceiling again (March 15, 2015) - likely row over -again
d. Structual reform in EU - yet unresolved
e. Bond crisis as interest rates rise

Just some of the stuff on my mind while still vested in companies.
There is no major crisis imo currently. So is important to stay invested and ride through the waves.
that's my 2 cts

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

(25-11-2014, 04:51 PM)CityFarmer Wrote: DBS recommendation amid the Singapore market sentiment. I scored 2 out of 5, how about yours? Big Grin

I scored one out of five haha ! Hoping it grows its dividend in the future too.
Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct any error in my post. I am not liable for anything. Do your own research and analysis. I do NOT give buy or sell calls and stock tips. Buy and sell at your risk. I am not a qualified financial adviser so I do not give any advice. The postings reflects my own personal thoughts which may or may not be accurate.
(25-11-2014, 07:27 PM)corydorus Wrote: There is no major crisis imo currently. So is important to stay invested and ride through the waves.
that's my 2 cts

I am on the cory side.

With the current valuation, and liquidity in Asian equity markets, I really doubt a crash in near future.

Anyway, I always opt for fully vested
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(25-11-2014, 07:36 PM)Nick Wrote:

I scored one out of five haha ! Hoping it grows its dividend in the future too.

Me almost 2...

CMP main Core with the exception of Sheng Siong all odd lots vested

I am vested in Singtel and Sheng Siong. I helped my mom invest in Singpost. Singtel has a significant stake in Singpost.

So, I would say that I scored 3 out of 5.Big Grin
My Dividend Investing Blog

Score 1 out of 5. Smile