Music and Concerts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(10-01-2011, 07:36 PM)aspeed Wrote: While I agreed 101% on importance of saving, there is also a famous phrase, "Money is not yours until you spend it."

Yes, agreed! In keeping in the spirit of the above quote, I'd like to admit that I prefer spending money on experiences (e.g. holiday trips to chill out, rock concerts) rather than on products such as cars and smart phones.

Have already bought tickets for the upcoming Janet Jackson concert on Feb 7, 2011, priced at $154.20 after discount! This will be a marvelous experience, no doubt! Big Grin
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
MW! didn't know you are a Janet Jackson fan! Were you a MJ fan too? How about the Jacksons 5?
(11-01-2011, 09:09 PM)flinger Wrote: MW! didn't know you are a Janet Jackson fan! Were you a MJ fan too? How about the Jacksons 5?

My nick is Musicwhiz mah! Haha. Michael Jackson not really, as I missed him in 1993 at National Stadium. Jackson 5, a little too 70's for me.

Eagles concert is a bit too ex and Eric Clapton does not have enough songs I like, so will miss those too. Thinking for going for Stone Temple Pilots on March 11, 2011. Perhaps I should start a thread on Music! hahaha Tongue
STP is cool....but I loved Pearl Jam better......I just couldn't stop singing Jeremy..... ahhh.....those times....;p
Hah, OT like mad now.

A lot of the acts early this year are promoting their new albums or songs. So may not be worth it to attend if u only dig their past hits.

MW: $154 isn't exactly cheap either haha! Wanted to catch Buble but too bad, all sold out Sad
But there's still the Mosaic Festival Big Grin
(12-01-2011, 11:34 AM)Satchmo Wrote: Hah, OT like mad now.

A lot of the acts early this year are promoting their new albums or songs. So may not be worth it to attend if u only dig their past hits.

MW: $154 isn't exactly cheap either haha! Wanted to catch Buble but too bad, all sold out Sad
But there's still the Mosaic Festival Big Grin

Not OT already, I shifted these posts to another thread haha.

I think a lot of the older acts are coming to town - good for me as I love 80's and 90's balladeers and soft rockers!

I thikn $154 is cheap considering Janet Jackson is a world-class performer and it comes with a lot of choreographed dancing as well! I don't really like Buble but to each his own haha.

For Mosaic, I think it's mostly Jazz and other genres which I cannot appreciate. Don Maclean is the only name I recognize. Smile
(11-01-2011, 11:13 PM)flinger Wrote: STP is cool....but I loved Pearl Jam better......I just couldn't stop singing Jeremy..... ahhh.....those times....;p

STP's Scott Weiland is famous for his very good live performances, Sour Girl is one of the classics back from 2000. They split for a while but have reformed since 2008 and are on tour now.

Pearl Jam has Eddie Vedder which I heard is a very good performer too, besides "Jeremy", I also like "Daughter" and the cover "Last Kiss". Though I probably will not watch them in concert haha.
80's and 90's? Cool, me too heh. Missed Firehouse and Tears for Fears(not a bad miss as Roland doesn't sound as good now). Caught Simply Red tho, it was awesome Smile Janet had some pretty good hits but perhaps because of MJ, didn't pay much attention to her hah!

Yup, am into Jazz so the festival is good for me Big Grin

Not into Pearl Jam or STP. Maybe I will check them out.
That's nice. I missed Firehouse deliberately as their songs are all kind of poppish and somewhat cliched, plus the irritating "I Live My Life For You" really grates after a while.

I caught Tears for Fears though - awesome concert even though yeah Roland's voice not so good anymore. But he could still hold the notes on Pale Shelter and Mad World; and the encore song "Woman In Chains" is classic!

Too bad I missed Simply Red, but was not that much into Mick Hucknall.

I am not much into jazz, can't appreciate it haha.

If you know of more good pop/rock concerts, please do share. I am personally waiting for Bryan Adams and Roxette (heard they going on world tour).
wah sound like I am in a different generation.. haha. I m a big fan of Jason Mraz music. Listen to his Rainbow Connection performed live and you will know what I mean. E song is stuck in my head now! If you have time check out also his EBS concert.. simply wonderful to enjoy indulging in music.

hoping he will come back to singapore soon for another concert. Smile
(13-01-2011, 01:47 AM)mrEngineer Wrote: wah sound like I am in a different generation.. haha. I m a big fan of Jason Mraz music. Listen to his Rainbow Connection performed live and you will know what I mean. E song is stuck in my head now! If you have time check out also his EBS concert.. simply wonderful to enjoy indulging in music.

hoping he will come back to singapore soon for another concert. Smile

To be honest, to me, nothing beats the version of "rainbow connection" sung by kermit the frog. Hahaha....