MYP Ltd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody interested in this counter? Formerly Cougar, RTO by Indon Towkay Tahir. The company is currently run by his only son Jonathan Tahir and today announcement is the beginning of the revolution of this company.Idea

http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/MYP_Prop...eID=297897
There are 3 things that I would highlight here:

1. The logistics and shipping agency/terminal business were sold to Singapore Shipping Corp at a discounted price, many SSC shareholders are happy with the deals
2. The announcement today are IPT, that raise a question as to the extent of the "arms-length basis" of these transactions, though the assets were valued by blar blar blar....
3. It seems that the owner is trying to cash-out from the matured assets and when the prices are still high
(20-05-2014, 11:29 AM)valuebuddies Wrote: There are 3 things that I would highlight here:

1. The logistics and shipping agency/terminal business were sold to Singapore Shipping Corp at a discounted price, many SSC shareholders are happy with the deals
2. The announcement today are IPT, that raise a question as to the extent of the "arms-length basis" of these transactions, though the assets were valued by blar blar blar....
3. It seems that the owner is trying to cash-out from the matured assets and when the prices are still high

IMHO:
1. Cougar business is something in the history, Tahir's main target is not the shipping/logistic business. He sold it cheap to Mr.Ow but I don't see much impact of that small money as compare to the size of Mayapada. Look ahead of the future of MYP, not its past.

2. Yes, it is a 'left hand change right hand' deal. After transaction, Tahir family will own ard 87% of MYP and that's the beauty of it. As a minority shareholder, just ride along with the big wave...

3. MYP served as the property investment arm of Mayapada. In the future, there will be more properties in the pipeline to be injected to MYP. From what I see now, it is running like a REIT mode. With Mayapada backing, there is nothing to worry about.Cool
Grace Shine owns Saint Regis residences #06-05, it is valued at S$7,100,000 / 2594.1 sq ft OR $2736.9 / sq ft

Sounds okay with me... Check at The Edge's article @ http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii84/...fa8e6a.jpg

Desmond,

1. Why would Tahir family wants to list their properties in Singapore? What are the benefits as compared to Indonesia where they could easily list a company with strong assets with their business prowess?

2. Previously, they have wanted to inject their own Indonesia properties as well but halted due to renovation reasons. Do you think they are cashing out their properties (when prices are high) to Singapore investors in a way? For eg, issue rights from investors to purchase their Indonesia properties?

Grace Shine, Affreton, and MYP are all at the same building, same UNIT. It's just officially transfering assets around.

[Image: ScreenShot2014-11-22at31735pm_zpsab1a9d32.png]
[Image: ScreenShot2014-11-22at31652pm_zpsa7f03bed.png]
[Image: ScreenShot2014-11-22at31714pm_zps8732ca89.png]
(22-11-2014, 02:14 PM)kelvesy Wrote: Grace Shine owns Saint Regis residences #06-05, it is valued at S$7,100,000 / 2594.1 sq ft OR $2736.9 / sq ft

Sounds okay with me... Check at The Edge's article @ http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii84/...fa8e6a.jpg

Desmond,

1. Why would Tahir family wants to list their properties in Singapore? What are the benefits as compared to Indonesia where they could easily list a company with strong assets with their business prowess?

2. Previously, they have wanted to inject their own Indonesia properties as well but halted due to renovation reasons. Do you think they are cashing out their properties (when prices are high) to Singapore investors in a way? For eg, issue rights from investors to purchase their Indonesia properties?

Grace Shine, Affreton, and MYP are all at the same building, same UNIT. It's just officially transfering assets around.

[Image: ScreenShot2014-11-22at31735pm_zpsab1a9d32.png]
[Image: ScreenShot2014-11-22at31652pm_zpsa7f03bed.png]
[Image: ScreenShot2014-11-22at31714pm_zps8732ca89.png]

1. Diversification I think. Singapore is politically and economically stable and SGD is one of the most stable currency in the region.

2. Dr Tahir sent his son Jonathan to study in NUS instead of Oxford or Cambridge. He seems to have sort of confidence or sentimental feeling towards Sg.

3. His father-in-law Mochtar Riady has a good legacy with SG. He had FIRST REIT, OUE and AURIC listed in sgx. Reasonably Tahir has seeked advice from Riady.

4. Upon completion of recent acquisition of Singapore properties, Tahir family will hold ard 87% of MYP, it doesn't tally with conspiracy story of cashing out properties at high price to sg investors. And these acquisitions only used 5 mils cash from MYP, the rest are fulfilled with new share issued. If Tahir so committed to MYP, I don't see the reason to worry. In case of any right issue, Tahir themselves will be the largest contributor.
It appeared that Mr. Market doesn't like that deal too much. Stock price continues to drop.
Proposed Acquisition of STRAITS TRADING BUILDING

MYP Ltd. wishes to announce that Dr. Tahir has signed a Letter of Offer, for and on behalf of the Company, to acquire Straits Trading Building, a Grade A Building in the Central Business District of Singapore, pursuant to which 1% of the purchase consideration of S$560 million has been paid as deposit for the Proposed Acquisition.

The Company's shareholders should note that the Proposed Acquisition remains subject to a definitive agreement and the Company is currently conducting due diligence with a view to sign a Definitive Agreement in respect of the Proposed Acquisition. The seller is Sun Venture Group.

The Proposed Acquisition is intended to be funded by a combination of internal resources, bank borrowings and/or fund raising in the capital markets.
Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.
People buy 450m 2 years ago he buy 560m with looming over supply of office
Read some posts in this thread but disappeared again ?
(04-06-2016, 12:07 PM)Stocker Wrote: Read some posts in this thread but disappeared again ?

The Admin has deleted them all. Please refrain from posting something that can be interpreted as defamation to somebody. 
Just state available facts as CCUV did. 
If buddies are really not satisfied with the corporate actions, I think it is better to speak up in the AGM/EGM instead of posting something bad about somebody in the forum.
Thanks.
Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.