Sales of new private homes sink in March

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will end the stand-off between buyers and seller in the housing market? IMO, the moment when interest rate raises...

SINGAPORE — New private home sales sank back into the doldrums last month after showing some sign of life in February, and analysts warn that low volumes could be the norm in the coming months amid the continued stand-off between buyers and sellers in the housing market.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) yesterday said developers sold 480 private homes last month, a sharp fall from the 739 units they offloaded in February and the 2,793 units in March last year. The decline came although developers launched more units last month, with 724 homes offered for the first time, up from 691 in February.
http://www.todayonline.com/business/sale...epage=true
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(16-04-2014, 09:44 AM)CityFarmer Wrote: What will end the stand-off between buyers and seller in the housing market? IMO, the moment when interest rate raises...

SINGAPORE — New private home sales sank back into the doldrums last month after showing some sign of life in February, and analysts warn that low volumes could be the norm in the coming months amid the continued stand-off between buyers and sellers in the housing market.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) yesterday said developers sold 480 private homes last month, a sharp fall from the 739 units they offloaded in February and the 2,793 units in March last year. The decline came although developers launched more units last month, with 724 homes offered for the first time, up from 691 in February.
http://www.todayonline.com/business/sale...epage=true

It will be interlinking multiple feedback loops:-

Resale Pte -New Pte
Pte Resi -HDB Resale
HDB Resale-BTO
Resale Prices-Bank Valuation
Pte Resi TOP - Pte/HDB Rental
Pte Rental - HDB Rental

The virtuous cycle will go in reverse gear.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
I am very curious to see if property will really/indeed go reverse GEAR?
Am waiting to see! Smile
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
I am vested in quite a few local developers but i still think i will benefit more if property prices fall because the quantum sum that i have to invest in a physical property will be more significant than what i have in property stocks
Rainbow 
(16-04-2014, 10:38 AM)brattzz Wrote: I am very curious to see if property will really/indeed go reverse GEAR?
Am waiting to see! Smile

From NUS SPRI* statistics, it's quite clear, isn't it?

[Image: nus%20srpi.JPG]

* Singapore Residential Price Index Series (SRPI)
1. Central region: D 1-4, 9-11
2. Non-Central region: other districts
3. Small: unit < 506sqft

Heart Love Compassion
Live with Passion, Lead with Compassion
2013-06-16
when do you all reckon is time to pick up a ppty for investment?
1) 2016-17 => when mkt oversupply
2) 2019-20 => when global economy goes to recession
I still remember someone said no way Gov will let the price fall more than 15%-20%. Well, data tell everything in time to come.

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

Rainbow 
(16-04-2014, 12:34 PM)funman168 Wrote: when do you all reckon is time to pick up a ppty for investment?
1) 2016-17 => when mkt oversupply
2) 2019-20 => when global economy goes to recession

With the TDSR still in place, most people will not have the bullet to fire the shot.

Luckily, the government relax the TDSR on 10 Feb 2014 and a bit more Singaporean pickup new project launch.

Heart Love Compassion
Live with Passion, Lead with Compassion
2013-06-16
Historically, gov always relax or remove their measures when ppty price corrected
I am betting on that to happen before getting my investment ppty
Still nt too old to wait for few more yrs, hehe
(16-04-2014, 01:36 PM)funman168 Wrote: Historically, gov always relax or remove their measures when ppty price corrected
I am betting on that to happen before getting my investment ppty
Still nt too old to wait for few more yrs, hehe

I think the govt will relax the stamp duties when interest rates rise.
They are more scared of cheap loans fueling asset booms than just expensive homes.

TDSR is here to stay, as govt said it is a long term policy.
High asset prices is screwing the economic competitiveness. TDSR
is one way to control asset inflation-CPI feedback loop.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster