COE supply to raise after 7-yr slide -ST 8.4.14

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COE supply to raise after 7-yr slide

According to estimates based on the number of cars scrapped in the first 2 months if the year, the number of COEs available in the May-July should be around 2,240 a month - or 25% more than current quota.

Heart Love Compassion

A Life not Reflected is a Life not Worth Living.
感恩 26 April 2019 Straco AGM ppt  https://valuebuddies.com/thread-2915-pos...#pid152450
More pm 2.5 soon. Not very healthy. But good for vicom
Will all those car owners scrapping their cars be able to finance their new cars at 50% downpayment?
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
the other way is to buy a 2nd hand car which is cheaper than a new car? but the 50%/60% downpayment is still there...
(08-04-2014, 08:04 AM)chialc88 Wrote: COE supply to raise after 7-yr slide

According to estimates based on the number of cars scrapped in the first 2 months if the year, the number of COEs available in the May-July should be around 2,240 a month - or 25% more than current quota.

Heart Love Compassion

A Life not Reflected is a Life not Worth Living.

2015 will be the year of Ge if everything goes according to plan, lah.
Of course there are more goodies to come.
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
(08-04-2014, 09:17 AM)Temperament Wrote: 2015 will be the year of Ge if everything goes according to plan, lah.
Of course there are more goodies to come.

I thought that car is something Singaporean is looking forward to?

Anyway, if you do not have a need to own a car, please don't and gives others who have a need to buy one.

Just a recap of financing rules:
1. If the car OMV is < $20,000, then you can only loan up to 60%
2. If > $20K, then loan up to 50%
3. max. 5 years

here is a survey of cheapest car registered in Feb 2014 (COE 1st bid):
[Image: New%20Car%20Price%20based%20on%20feb%202...%20bid.JPG]
(source: onemotoring website)
感恩 26 April 2019 Straco AGM ppt  https://valuebuddies.com/thread-2915-pos...#pid152450
I think new cars are out of reach for the average folks. Only the top echelons (people w super-scale pay) and company-sponsored FTs could afford. Even with income of $4-6K will likely turn to second hand market. But buying a second hand car is tricky, many come with hidden problem or damages that are well covered-up by the car agents. So do think carefully before spending the hard-earn shrinking money.
Thank you for your contribution to nation building! COE! Big Grin

Unless township decentralises, MRT/buses improves, and taxis become more available, else CARs demand will continue to be high...
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
Supply of COE will definitely increase over the next 3 years. 23,309 cars will have to extend COE or be scrapped this year. And 84,212, 114,665 and 105,403 cars in 2015, 2016, 2017.

I think we can see COE going down to a more reasonable amount in the coming years, and by a bigger quantum if a recession occurs.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb...by_age.pdf
My Vios is going to be 10 years in AUG 2015. Can i extend my COE for another 5 years? Or compulsory to extend to 10 years? Is it worth to extend at all? Or just sell for people to extend the COE? How to do the maths? Help!

Buying a new car is definitely beyond my understanding-Mind Boggling lah!
Buying a 2nd-hand car might as well keep my own car by extending the COE; as advised by my motor mechanic.
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.