Name me some company on SGX that will provide a good case study for oversea expansion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name me some company on SGX that will provide a good case study for oversea expansion

Hello. I am learning up about companies from Singapore going to overseas to expand. Please provide me some companies on SGX that have gone overseas to expand.

OR some companies with intention/plans to go overseas to expand.Huh
Off my head, Neratel (MENA, Myanmar).
Rotary (Middle East Mistake)
MTQ..... Bahrain repair shop
If you are looking for large and visible companies, Comfort Delgro and Hyflux springs to mind.
Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct any error in my post. I am not liable for anything. Do your own research and analysis. I do NOT give buy or sell calls and stock tips. Buy and sell at your risk. I am not a qualified financial adviser so I do not give any advice. The postings reflects my own personal thoughts which may or may not be accurate.
Many property companies are also venturing over seas.

My question is, how long a gestation period is reasonable? Or we should say it is going to the drain.

Does overseas ventures need to start with a JV? Will that have higher success rate? Any company just start a subsidiary and voila is contribute because it hired the right guys?
life goes in cycles, predictable yet uncontrollable; just like the markets, but markets give you a second chance
(29-03-2014, 11:46 PM)CY09 Wrote: Rotary (Middle East Mistake)
Lol!
i think many Singapore COYS made mistakes in Middle East. Is it because very different cultures and very hard to know what digs them?

Vested in Rotary since IPO.
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
(29-03-2014, 11:00 PM)wahkao Wrote: Name me some company on SGX that will provide a good case study for oversea expansion

Hello. I am learning up about companies from Singapore going to overseas to expand. Please provide me some companies on SGX that have gone overseas to expand.

Your question is interesting. Interesting in that it triggers another question.

"Which SGX listed company hasn't gone overseas for expansion?"
(31-03-2014, 10:42 AM)cif5000 Wrote:
(29-03-2014, 11:00 PM)wahkao Wrote: Name me some company on SGX that will provide a good case study for oversea expansion

Yes, I am pondering the same. I am interested to know those listed companies with only Singapore domestic market. Big Grin
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(31-03-2014, 10:51 AM)CityFarmer Wrote:
(31-03-2014, 10:42 AM)cif5000 Wrote:

Yes, I am pondering the same. I am interested to know those listed companies with only Singapore domestic market. Big Grin

Off my mind...Finance companies (restricted by law)? F&B (Neo)?