House passes ‘clean’ debt-ceiling bill, ending two-week showdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comes as a surprise to me - ceiling raised with no strings attached!

The House passed a yearlong suspension of the Treasury’s debt limit Tuesday in a vote that left Republicans once again ceding control to Democrats, following a collapse in support for an earlier proposal advanced by GOP leaders.

In a narrow vote, 221-201, 28 Republicans voted with 193 Democrats to approve a “clean” extension of the federal government’s borrowing authority — one without strings attached — sending the legislation to the Senate for a posssible final vote later this week. Two Democrats and 199 Republicans voted no.
(12-02-2014, 09:42 AM)AlphaQuant Wrote: Comes as a surprise to me - ceiling raised with no strings attached!

The House passed a yearlong suspension of the Treasury’s debt limit Tuesday in a vote that left Republicans once again ceding control to Democrats, following a collapse in support for an earlier proposal advanced by GOP leaders.

In a narrow vote, 221-201, 28 Republicans voted with 193 Democrats to approve a “clean” extension of the federal government’s borrowing authority — one without strings attached — sending the legislation to the Senate for a posssible final vote later this week. Two Democrats and 199 Republicans voted no.

The last round was too damaging politically for them. Big Grin
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
I would be interested to know the public opinion poll for the % of average Americans that really thought Obamacare is going to "destroy the US economy".

The GOP is not so stupid after all.
The proverbial can is kicked down the road again.....Angel
My Dividend Investing Blog
Now is playing music chair, keep kicking the bomb down... lol
try to redeem themselves during this time and not rock the boat presidential elections just 2 years away next year have to start campaigning already.