Analysts cite:
1. US tapering
2. emerging market currency woes
3. China fear

Yesterday's close 2990.95
- Hitting a 15 month low

Let the game begin!

Heart Love Compassion

A Life not Reflected is a Life not Worth Living.
感恩 26 April 2019 Straco AGM ppt  https://valuebuddies.com/thread-2915-pos...#pid152450
Any buddies started to dabble into sti? Think of buying abit first...hehe
early days yet imho.
As value investors, i thot just need to focus on valuation and MOS. Market up or down, if price drop vs valuation (bigger MOS) then buy.
Provided you think your valuation is still valid.

Mentioned before, if market corrects (like now), yet the stock stay flat. Then this stock got strong holders.

When markets collapse (like in 1Q2009), all stocks will collapse. All (good or bad) will be short term correlated. Best time to switch or BUY (if got $)
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
very true. Just that if the market looks to be going even further downwards, why not wait.
$ mileage (MOS) will be even more if market drops further.
Then again, it is my opinion that the market will likely drop further.
If it turns out to be false, I missed the boat Smile
(04-02-2014, 11:10 AM)kagemusha Wrote: very true. Just that if the market looks to be going even further downwards, why not wait.

follow the middle path. buy some. keep some spare bullets. A lot of time, people stress coz they want to maximise profits. Relak. buy some - make some or lose some. do nothing - miss boat or keep bullets for opportunities.
no need to try too hard coz opportunities always there in all markets. It is whether you can see or not..
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
(04-02-2014, 11:29 AM)opmi Wrote:
(04-02-2014, 11:10 AM)kagemusha Wrote: very true. Just that if the market looks to be going even further downwards, why not wait.

follow the middle path. buy some. keep some spare bullets. A lot of time, people stress coz they want to maximise profits. Relak. buy some - make some or lose some. do nothing - miss boat or keep bullets for opportunities.
no need to try too hard coz opportunities always there in all markets. It is whether you can see or not..

Finally STI below 3000 despite singapore report good economy. All the "SMART" money is running out from the property assets and stock market.
Virtual currencies are worth virtually nothing.
http://thebluefund.blogspot.com
its hard to time the bottom, got extra $$$ can slowly buy
Look like nobody here has tried pyramid up buying?
All of us seems to buy all the way down.
Me included.
Why?
Psychology factors in play?
i suppose we are all afraid of the serpent has slithered away before we can do any thing?
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
Quote:...follow the middle path. buy some. keep some spare bullets.

Totally agree don't get too caught up in maximization, start with buying a few and go from there