Ex-SCDF director charged with misappropriating iPads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A life is ruined by just $940 x 2, $1880. "Norm" might be the self-justification given by himself...

Ex-SCDF director charged with misappropriating iPads

SINGAPORE — A former director of the Singapore Civil Defence Force’s Technology Department was charged today (Dec 19) with two counts of criminal breach of trust (CBT).

Jeganathan Ramasamy, 62, faces two counts of misappropriating two Apple iPad2 in September 2011. The iPads were valued at nearly S$940 each.

He allegedly gave one iPad to his daughter for her personal use, and was said to have sold the other to a colleague for S$200.

It’s understood that Jeganathan had obtained the two iPads from NCS Pte Ltd, which is one of the main IT vendors of SCDF. Jeganathan, a civilian officer, dealt with NCS as the director of the SCDF’s technology department.

The two iPads were said to have been delivered to Jeganathan’s office at Ubi Avenue and meant for testing of mobile applications.

If convicted, Jeganathan faces a maximum penalty of life imprisonment and a fine. CHANNEL NEWSASIA
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ex-...ting-ipads
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
how much is 'integrity'? for this case, 2 X S$940.

for many, it is only 50 cents in form of purple 30 min parking coupon.

for some, it is only $180 in form of pirated Win OS.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
(19-12-2013, 03:57 PM)opmi Wrote: how much is 'integrity'? for this case, 2 X S$940.

Integrity???

If u are a billionaire and u found 50c on the floor, will u pick it up?
It is not integrity, is it not honesty, it is not anything.
It is the same as in the stock market.
That is GREED. Greed is the word.
(19-12-2013, 05:08 PM)yewkim Wrote:
(19-12-2013, 03:57 PM)opmi Wrote: how much is 'integrity'? for this case, 2 X S$940.

Integrity???

If u are a billionaire and u found 50c on the floor, will u pick it up?
It is not integrity, is it not honesty, it is not anything.
It is the same as in the stock market.
That is GREED. Greed is the word.

Greed is the human emotion. Integrity is the learned response.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
Too bad , he was caught .
dunno who blew the whistle..
anyway I read it as like small gift or souvenirs given by the vendor
I think this is quite common practice in sg..
maybe scdf should have drafted a guidelines on gift value threshold beyond which it is not to be accepted by the staff
Director of dept in civil service is a Hod position high pay one leh now gone case. Who could have in depth knowledge of such vendor r/s other than the people from his office maybe his subordinates did this, so now when he gone they move up by default.
anyway he is 62yo just timely for retirement age..
After more than 2 decades in Stock investing, i think almost everything in terms of whether the risk is worth to take or not?
One example, my son was scheduled to send us off for our holiday the early next morning. But he played computer games till 2-3 a. m. i told him it's not worth to take the risk for though he claimed he was alright. We rather took the taxi.
Of course, the taxi driver might be even more lack of sleep than my son?

So is any stock you buy in the market after considering the risk you are taking.
In other words, there is always an element of unpredictability in life.
No matter what you do or think?
And the stock market is one of the best place to demonstrate this unpredictability.
NO?

So should the director take the risk?
Maybe he never think in terms of the risks in the Market?
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
Believe he took many , or even bigger risks than this before, then he was lucky. He met the tiger finally after many trips to the jungle .