DNC: Do Not Call Registry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will definitely register my mobile nos. DNC link below for those interested.

http://www.dnc.gov.sg/index.html

DNC: Do Not Call Registry

Consumers who do not wish to receive telemarketing messages via phone call, SMS or fax, can register their Singapore telephone numbers with the DNC Registry. Registration is free and does not expire.
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
Are you one of them? It seems quite a lot of people are frustrated by the adverts...Big Grin

Tens of thousands sign up with Do Not Call Registry on first day

SINGAPORE — After registration opened at midnight on Sunday, tens of thousands of consumers — who have had to put up with unsolicited phone calls, text messages and faxes from telemarketers — rushed to list their telephone numbers with the Do Not Call (DNC) Registry.

As at 6pm yesterday, more than 67,000 unique telephone numbers were listed on the registry, which comes into effect from Jan 2.
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ten...-first-day
just registered. very irritated by these telemarketing.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
Is this service chargeable now? If not soon it will be. Maybe even chargeable is worth it for some people.
For me it's time to practise my "psychology". i am a retiree ma. i need to keep using my brain or let it slip into dementia.
Ha! Ha!
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
Just registered, have been waiting for this day for a long time. Wondering if this is going to affect Telco business with less ad messages sent around.
(03-12-2013, 10:00 AM)Temperament Wrote: Is this service chargeable now? If not soon it will be. Maybe even chargeable is worth it for some people.
For me it's time to practise my "psychology". i am a retiree ma. i need to keep using my brain or let it slip into dementia.
Ha! Ha!

It is a FOC service.

At least one merit of the telemarketing, to entertain retirees to reduce chances of dementia...Big Grin
(03-12-2013, 10:08 AM)Ben Wrote: Just registered, have been waiting for this day for a long time. Wondering if this is going to affect Telco business with less ad messages sent around.

telcos SMS revenue already kenna whacked by whatsapp and wechat.
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
And don't forget SKYPE too.
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
just a word of caution, notwithstanding u have registered yourself with the dnc registry, companies may still telemarketcontact you, if u sign on their onboarding forms to give yr consent unwittingly/unknowingly to receive such telemarketing..this will overpower the effect on the dnc
(03-12-2013, 11:52 PM)pianist Wrote: just a word of caution, notwithstanding u have registered yourself with the dnc registry, companies may still telemarketcontact you, if u sign on their onboarding forms to give yr consent unwittingly/unknowingly to receive such telemarketing..this will overpower the effect on the dnc

Some examples of this would be lucky draw contests. A lot of the fine print generally goes unread. That's where your numbers will be "dropped" into the "please call/sms/whatsapp me with advertisements" list.