Man Wah Holdings (1999)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi all,

if anyone of u still rem this counter, it is delisted from sgx n relisted in hkex. used to be trading at p/e of ard 5 in spore n since its relisting in hkex there was no turning back.

[Image: 2010Nov-ManWahHoldingsLtd-1200x600-1.png]

latest interim result is of no surprise.. http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listcone...129017.pdf

for more info, pls read http://www.nextinsight.net/index.php/sto...im-revenue

seems like Mr Wong is really a shrewd businessman. given the quality of the management, Man Wah should have no problem gaining more market share given its No.1 position in chinese recliner sofa market. one catalyst will be the passenger carriages on the country's rapidly expanding high-speed railway network, though the management is pretty frank that they themselves do not know how big is its potential.
Somebody seems to like this company as shares trading turnover has increased - share price up 5% this morning . Last week, there was an announcement by the company dated on 1st March to establish a mfg base in Tianjian but its only a plan at this stage.
The shares experienced a substantail fall during 2011 from a high level of around $13 to a $2.50 low point in late Autumn. The company has engaged in buying back its shares for cancellation and share price is back above the $5 level.
Interesting.. I am digging deeper into this stock.

One concern though. Won't they be affected by the high leather cost? Which is affecting HTL similarly?

*not vested*
The shares have closed at $4.92 on 26 March 2012.
closed at $3.13 today
One week later ( after my last post No. 6) , the chairman bought 1.3 mil shares in the market at roughly $3 per share during 23-27th July plus recent good news of gaining new orders has caused the share price to surge up . The share price closed at $4.45 today.
The company must be doing well as it has issued a positive profit alert.
The company reported on 13 Nov 2012 - a higher interim profit up 54% to $219 Mil and declared higher dividend at 10 cents.

The share price has moved up to $5.60 today ( 28 Nov 2012).
The share are now substantially higher at $11.44 today. The Chairman must be a very smart guy to buy shares at $3 level last year ( see my post No. 7) and I was definately not smart enough to follow him.