Temasek invests in financial data company Markit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never heard of Markit... I assume it is similar as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, or Morningstar...

S$630 mil for 10% stake, so the company is valued at S$6.3 bil... Wow...

SINGAPORE — Temasek Holdings has bought a 10-per-cent stake in financial data company Markit, the state-owned investment according to the UK-based company and a person with knowledge in the matter.

Reports today (May 22) say Temasek paid S$630 million for the stake in the UK based firm. The source declined to be named as the terms of the deal were not public.

http://www.todayonline.com/business/tema...any-markit
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
Reuters and Markit join forces to fight Bloomberg.........
My Dividend Investing Blog
(22-05-2013, 04:07 PM)CityFarmer Wrote: Never heard of Markit... I assume it is similar as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, or Morningstar...

S$630 mil for 10% stake, so the company is valued at S$6.3 bil... Wow...

SINGAPORE — Temasek Holdings has bought a 10-per-cent stake in financial data company Markit, the state-owned investment according to the UK-based company and a person with knowledge in the matter.

Reports today (May 22) say Temasek paid S$630 million for the stake in the UK based firm. The source declined to be named as the terms of the deal were not public.

http://www.todayonline.com/business/tema...any-markit

Markit was made famous by the CDO crisis as they are the compiler of the CDO curves that people reference to guage if the crisis was getting better or worse
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward

Think Asset-Business-Structure (ABS)