Best Singapore Stock Screener?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi I am wondering which broker / information provider has the best SG Stock Screener you have come across? I have used CIMB's iTrade but although the available data fields are numerous, the data seems to be really outdated (e.g. filtered companies with positive dividend yield have actually not paid dividends for many quarters already).
Hi Phandal, currently i'm still using FT market screener from Financial Times. Google also provides stock screener but i haven't had the time to compare the two
I have been wondering this for a very long time.

Reuters have a stock screener for the SG market. But it can only screen by sector PE, EPS growth and PEG.

POEMS stock screener is outdated and buggy.

Look forward for some good advises.

FT market screener looks promising.
Can try with DBS Vickers' "match with clarity" , some FA and TA criteria available, but limited to 5 criteria for each screen.
(18-09-2013, 07:03 PM)zf87 Wrote: But my question is where to get a reliable data source for those 10000 Asian stocks? Do you guys have any idea if there is any free or cheap FA data source available to retail investors? Currently, I have collected a list of around 100 stocks mentioned in various forums, and I enter the financial data into an excel file myself, then I rank the list by so-called "quant model". But the data-entering process is tedious, no need to mention that one has to update the table quite often.

I have been trying to look for the same but without much success. However, I use POEMS 2.0 and you might find it useful for a quick and dirty to do it for all SGX's listed companies. But instead of financial statements, it summarised the financial statements into ratios.
The information can be exported to Excel en masse and hence save one the trouble to collate information from various companies.

Steps:

1. Go to <<Fundamentals >> tab within POEMS 2.0

2. Click on <<Reset>> button to ensure all SGX listed companies are selected. Alternatively, you may want use some of the filters within the filter criteria to reduce the return result.

3. Click on <<Search>> button. This will return a list of companies based on your filter criteria.

4. Click on <<Export to Excel>> button and the list of companies together with the financial info/ratios below are exported to Excel. You can then build your score cards within Excel based on the information.

According to POEMS, the financial results are provided by Thomson Reuters, hence the result should be relatively reliable.

The available financial ratios / data are:

1. Last Close Price
2. Market Cap
3. ROE
4. ROA
5. Operating Margin
6. Revenue Growth
7. EPS Growth
8. Dividend Yield
9. P/E
10. P/BV
11. Current Ratio
12. Debt/Equity %

Hope this helps.
(20-09-2013, 10:30 AM)ywilson Wrote:
(18-09-2013, 07:03 PM)zf87 Wrote: But my question is where to get a reliable data source for those 10000 Asian stocks? Do you guys have any idea if there is any free or cheap FA data source available to retail investors? Currently, I have collected a list of around 100 stocks mentioned in various forums, and I enter the financial data into an excel file myself, then I rank the list by so-called "quant model". But the data-entering process is tedious, no need to mention that one has to update the table quite often.

I have been trying to look for the same but without much success. However, I use POEMS 2.0 and you might find it useful for a quick and dirty to do it for all SGX's listed companies. But instead of financial statements, it summarised the financial statements into ratios.
The information can be exported to Excel en masse and hence save one the trouble to collate information from various companies.

Steps:

1. Go to <<Fundamentals >> tab within POEMS 2.0

2. Click on <<Reset>> button to ensure all SGX listed companies are selected. Alternatively, you may want use some of the filters within the filter criteria to reduce the return result.

3. Click on <<Search>> button. This will return a list of companies based on your filter criteria.

4. Click on <<Export to Excel>> button and the list of companies together with the financial info/ratios below are exported to Excel. You can then build your score cards within Excel based on the information.

According to POEMS, the financial results are provided by Thomson Reuters, hence the result should be relatively reliable.

1. Last Close Price
2. Market Cap
3. ROE
4. ROA
5. Operating Margin
6. Revenue Growth
7. EPS Growth
8. Dividend Yield
9. P/E
10. P/BV
11. Current Ratio
12. Debt/Equity %

Hope this helps.

thanks, ywilson.

that helps.
(20-09-2013, 10:30 AM)ywilson Wrote: I have been trying to look for the same but without much success. However, I use POEMS 2.0 and you might find it useful for a quick and dirty to do it for all SGX's listed companies. But instead of financial statements, it summarised the financial statements into ratios.

1. Last Close Price
2. Market Cap
3. ROE
4. ROA
5. Operating Margin
6. Revenue Growth
7. EPS Growth
8. Dividend Yield
9. P/E
10. P/BV
11. Current Ratio
12. Debt/Equity %

Hope this helps.
Thank you ywilson! I never know poems 2.0 comes out. It is certainly more user-friendly than the previous version. the speed is also very fast.

some complains about the unique symbols poems used for local companies, what is the point for them to "invent" such new naming system?

now I have 4 ticker symbol systems: Yahoo/SGX (most common), Reuters, Bloomberg, and poems.
Hi all,

I have been using goggle stock screener to check for stocks that fit my criterion and have randomly cross checked some of the info and it works out. Anyone have views on this?

https://www.google.com/finance?ei=RXPPUY...ckscreener
I moved several posts from "Personal wealth Cover Story: Aggregate-style investing" http://www.valuebuddies.com/thread-3899.html , to this thread. Thanks.
Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.
(21-09-2013, 12:24 PM)enigmack Wrote: Hi all,

I have been using goggle stock screener to check for stocks that fit my criterion and have randomly cross checked some of the info and it works out. Anyone have views on this?

https://www.google.com/finance?ei=RXPPUY...ckscreener

I am also using google. It seems pretty good. But do you know how to save criteria setting?