Question to ask management

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear value investors,

Is there any book to recommend regarding what question to ask management? Idea

Thanks
No, unfortunately. It's a bit like asking if there is a book to prepare you for a job interview. Every job and position is different and so there is no standard "template". This is similar for investing as well - every company is different and the people running it are also different (i.e. different CEOs run different companies in different ways). So it's something you have to brainstorm on your own, I am afraid.
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
(22-11-2010, 10:33 AM)Musicwhiz Wrote: No, unfortunately. It's a bit like asking if there is a book to prepare you for a job interview. Every job and position is different and so there is no standard "template". This is similar for investing as well - every company is different and the people running it are also different (i.e. different CEOs run different companies in different ways). So it's something you have to brainstorm on your own, I am afraid.

Hi Musicwhiz,

Thanks for replying! okay, will take note. Big Grin

Regards
I think Philip Fisher's Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits has a chapter on this. Off-hand I can't remember the general principles and questions that he'd ask but I remember it being mentioned in the book that if he had only only question at all that he would ask, it would be (to management):

"What are you doing that others (meaning competitors) aren't doing yet?"

Cheeky but straight to the point and insightful.