GEO Energy Resources

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Rogers has just been appointed non executive director.

Anybody vested in this company?

source: sgx

The Nominating Committee has recommended the appointment of Mr James Beeland Rogers Jr (“Mr Rogers”) as a Non-Executive Director of the Company. The Board, having considered the Nominating Committee’s recommendation and reviewed the qualifications and work experience of Mr Rogers, believes that Mr Rogers’ experience would be beneficial to the Group and has approved his appointment.
They halted because of the appointment??
GEO ENERGY's AGM: Jim Rogers in the limelight

http://www.nextinsight.net/index.php/sto...nergys-agm- [Nextinsight Article]

(Not Vested)
Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct any error in my post. I am not liable for anything. Do your own research and analysis. I do NOT give buy or sell calls and stock tips. Buy and sell at your risk. I am not a qualified financial adviser so I do not give any advice. The postings reflects my own personal thoughts which may or may not be accurate.
I am still a holder of Sakari Resources - got a cert after it was delisted last year and recently received its annual report post delisting.

Sakari claimed that it is an unlisted public company and continued to have at least 700 holders.

Anyway, Jim Rogers can't fight the global commodities trend. There is no doubt that Geo continued to sell more coal and they are still building their business.

However, as a price taker, their margins would have fallen. Their new acquisitions has no details.

How can any prudent investor have a good feel on the soundness of the business? Jim Rogers as a key person? When a high profile person comes on board, I think it could have worsened the bargaining position of Geo instead of enhancing it since everyone will be eager to get top dollar for their business. Unless of course, Jim care to inject his own assets into Geo at a good discount...

Jim Rogers has moved to Singapore while Warren Buffet remains loyal to USA.

Anyway, all my loud hailers. Jim Rogers still has his followers.

Ignore me.

GG
Nextinsight visited Geo Energy (along with a few analyst) mines in Indonesia and wrote 2 articles on their thoughts -

http://www.nextinsight.net/index.php/sto...profitable [Part 1]

http://www.nextinsight.net/index.php/sto...g-business [Part 2]

(Not Vested)
Disclaimer: Please feel free to correct any error in my post. I am not liable for anything. Do your own research and analysis. I do NOT give buy or sell calls and stock tips. Buy and sell at your risk. I am not a qualified financial adviser so I do not give any advice. The postings reflects my own personal thoughts which may or may not be accurate.
just to a quick check, does anyone know if jim rogers directly or indirectly has a stake in the company?
He said he has the intention to acquire as far as I know, there is yet to be any action being done.
"Criticism is the fertilizer of learning." - Sir John Templeton
So much PR, would expect more buy interest....really shocked to see such strong sell. Especially when STI got hammered in the last 2 weeks, Geo Energy held up well. Not STI stabilize, Geo Energy got hammered.

Does any one have a good website to track coal price trends?

Thought their expansion story is attractive....
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/V...8005012E0/$file/CAM_Form1_Final.pdf?openelement

Jim Rogers was granted a 2 million shares call option exercisable at $0.350 for 10 years.

(Not Vested)
thanks nick