Where to place contingency and opportunity fund

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi

May I ask where to you all place your:

A) contingency fund

B) opportunity fund

Currently I leave everything in CIMB Star account, which gives 0.8% p.a.(0.9% if you had open the account with time long time ago). It is liquid and little risk. But I am thinking it is not the most efficient use of fund esp fund for (B) above. Tks.
since they are contingency/opportunity fund, return should not be what you are after. and the difference won't be too much, unless you really care about the 0.1% more return.
Both contingency and opportunity funds are parked in CIMB Starsaver earning 0.8% per annum.
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
would a offshore banking account make sense? in case of political uncertainty in SG and you need to flee the country. u never know when something like that could happen.
You can count on the greed of man for the next recession to happen.
(22-09-2012, 10:34 PM)freedom Wrote: since they are contingency/opportunity fund, return should not be what you are after. and the difference won't be too much, unless you really care about the 0.1% more return.

Exactly. Liquidity and ease of access is the order of the day for such funds.
1. (Cash) RHB Trio Account (convenient location beside a favourite coffeeshop stall of mine).
2. (Cash equivalent) Nikko AM Shenton Short Term Bond Fund.
3. (Cash equivalent) UOB United SGD Fund.
what is rhb trio account?
Deposit Amount Interest Rates
First S$5,000 0.48% p.a.
Next S$45,000 0.58% p.a.
Next S$100,000 0.68% p.a.
Next S$350,000 0.78% p.a.
Minimum of $2,000 balance (if I remember correctly). Free cheques.

As pointed out by posters in this thread, CIMB Starsaver is better as it gives 0.8% with a minimum monthly increment of $500. Minimum balance must be $5,000. I went with RHB for a whimsical reason. I had to visit a branch to open an account. There was a branch next door to my favourite coffeeshop stall in the east. CIMB is located at Orchard (hardly visit this place) and Raffles (I work in the west).