Where to find Financial data of Singapore companies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am from the school of Ben Graham value investing.

Hmmm … need to ask all the old birds where can I obtain 10 to 20 years of financial data of Singapore companies?

e.g 10 to 20 years of earnings data, earning growth, dividend data.

Thanks.
(24-04-2012, 09:48 PM)acl72 Wrote: I am from the school of Ben Graham value investing.

Hmmm … need to ask all the old birds where can I obtain 10 to 20 years of financial data of Singapore companies?

e.g 10 to 20 years of earnings data, earning growth, dividend data.

Thanks.

Free resources:

The companies themselves (write/call/website)
Archives of the National Library (not complete)
SGX website (5 years only)

Paid resources:

Bloomberg Terminal
Capital IQ
Thomson Reuters Datastream

Paid resources cost thousands of dollars a year and are generally not worth it for retail investors. Professional investors and high net worth individuals may find the convenience worthwhile.
---
I do not give stock tips. So please do not ask, because you shall not receive.
To add to previous post:

Free resources - Broker's services (DBS Vickers has this and I use it frequently)
Paid resources - Shareinvestor (worth the subscription, IMHO)
Visit my personal investing blog at http://financiallyfreenow.wordpress.com now!
trying the company itself takes some luck. Of the 4 companies IR that I have contacted so far, VICOM and Silverlake Axis replies are slow and useless. Asian Enterprise has a very good IR that manages to answer some of my deeper concerns while Boustead has been quick to email me their 2001-2006 annual reports when I request for past annual report. he mentions "Do let me know if you have been able to download and view all six files successfully."

In most cases, 5 years are easy to get and 10 years will require some luck. Anything beyond that, I think you must find hardcore investor who keeps their hardcopy annual reports for decades. Internet is hardly developed then.
Yep most of the time I only find 5 to 10 years of data Sad
SGX has past 5 years data - thereafter, you may want to try the company's website. They normally have more than 5 years of data.

The NLB has a series of Bloomberg terminals. It's free and you can generate past years financial reports from there.