GP Industries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browsing this counter's last 3 months announcement, most of them are share buy-back notices.

NAV as at 30/06/2010 is 75.49 cents, compared with last done price today 60 cents. 20% discount for a profitable business.

I'm waiting for you at 55 cents. Wink

A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought.
why do u wait at 0.55?
wa is its business? i dunno if audio industry is prospective?
Maybe they will buy back everything at one go?
Share buy-back again today, but only 40 LOT @0.595. This one wants to compete with San Teh.

Besides electronics and acoustics business and automotive wire harness, GP also holds 49.8% interest in GP Batteries International Limited as at 18 June 2010.
are u vested? i am vested a bit recently because of the sharebuy encouragement..
wa exactly is automotive wire harness?
(28-10-2010, 10:25 PM)pianist Wrote: are u vested? i am vested a bit recently because of the sharebuy encouragement..
wa exactly is automotive wire harness?

A cable harness, also known as a wire harness, cable assembly, wiring assembly or wiring loom, is a string of cables and/or wires which transmit informational signals or operating currents (energy). The cables are bound together by clamps, cable ties, cable lacing, sleeves, electrical tape, conduit, a weave of extruded string, or a combination thereof.

Commonly used in automobiles, as well as construction machinery, modern-day cable harnesses provide several advantages over loose wires and cables. For example, many aircraft, automobiles and spacecraft contain many masses of wires which would stretch over several kilometres if fully extended. By binding the many wires and cables into a cable harness, the wires and cables can be better secured against the adverse effects of vibrations, abrasions, and moisture. By constricting the wires into a non-flexing bundle, usage of space is optimized, and the risk of a short is decreased. Since the installer has only one harness to install (as opposed to multiple wires), installation time is decreased and the process can be easily standardized. Binding the wires into a flame-retardant sleeve also lowers the risk of electrical fires.

For more details, please visit wikipedia Cable harness

No share-buyback for today.

I am not vested yet. Waiting for a lower price.

Today the company announced proposed acquisition of properties, with an aggregate value of A$10.14 million, as part of payment of a defaulted loan.

Not bad. No shrimp, fish ok too.
GP Industries yesterday released 2010/11 H1 Results.

Dividend for the current financial period 1.5 Singapore cents per share, up, corresponding period last year was 1.0 Singapore cent per share.

Management's comments on factors or events that may affect the group in the next reporting period and the next 12 months :

Demand for most of the Group's products is expected to remain steady. Growth in Asia is expected to support the demand for the Group's automotive wire harness and acoustics products. GP Batteries is seeing signs of market uncertainties, particularly the demand from electronic manufacturing sector.

Wage increases in China, the strengthening Renminbi, volatilities in currency exchange rates and raw material prices may affect the Group's profitability. The Group will continue to further automate and streamline its manufacturing process in order to mitigate the effect of rising labour costs.

For more details, please see the financial result announcement

(27-10-2010, 08:14 PM)cyborg Wrote: Browsing this counter's last 3 months announcement, most of them are share buy-back notices.

NAV as at 30/06/2010 is 75.49 cents, compared with last done price today 60 cents. 20% discount for a profitable business.

I'm waiting for you at 55 cents. Wink

My view is that it's not very reliable to determine that there is a "discount" simply based on the NAV of a business. This is because, as I've said, NAV can be distorted and not reflect the reality of business conditions. Hence, it may be better to focus, instead, on the earnings potential and cash flow generation capability of the Company.

However, I have not looked into the financials for GP Industries to be able to make any reasonable comments on their business.

I will do so and post any remarks here at a later time.
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
Share buy-back again. On 16-11-2010, 191,000 shares at the lowest price 0.59 and the highest price 0.595.