SC Global Developments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realised there is no thread on SC Global yet. Started one given that Wheelock is now in focus and theres some speculation that what happens to it could affect SC Global as well.
sale of SC Global's projects

[wrap]
[table=Projects]
The Marq on Paterson Hill
Hilltops
Seven Palms Sentosa Cove[/table]
[table=2011]
1[/table]
[table=2010]
1[/table]
[table=2009]
8[/table]
[table=2008]
-[/table]
[table=2007]
-[/table][/wrap]

most were sold in the first two months of launching.

inventories of SC Global's projects
[wrap]
[table=Projects]
The Marq on Paterson Hill
Hilltops
Seven Palms Sentosa Cove[/table]
[table=Unsold units]
31[/table][/wrap]

if we use the average sale of the previous 5 years ((7 + 1 + 8 + 1 + 57)/5=15), the unsold units will take 18 - 19 years ((35 + 208 + 31) / 15 ) to clear.
S C Global has been selling its dwelling units at sky-high prices.
But I do not undertsand why its gross profit margin was just between 30% and 40% for the second and third quarters of 2011.
S C Global has been selling its dwelling units at sky-high prices.
But I do not undertsand why its gross profit margin was just between 30% and 40% for the second and third quarters of 2011.
(21-03-2012, 02:06 PM)portuser Wrote: S C Global has been selling its dwelling units at sky-high prices.

not much new sales from SC Global's high margin projects (The Marq, Hilltops) and the margin was greatly diluted by other low margin projects(Martin no 38, China project) and AV Jennings.
Q1 unusually high GP margins coz of TOP of TheMArq,

normal times GP margins not so high, coz of subsidaries AVJennings & Kairong

even project like 38 Martin will have below 30% GP margins
(21-03-2012, 02:06 PM)portuser Wrote: S C Global has been selling its dwelling units at sky-high prices.

Affected by results of AV Jennings. Australian property market is cyclical. But AV Jennings is a good source of income to SC Global!

Margins got diluted because of AV Jennings. AV jennings has higher sales volume but lower profit margin since they are doing mass market.
(14-09-2012, 04:35 AM)Behappyalways Wrote: Open Market Purchase
http://info.sgx.com/webcorannc.nsf/Annou...endocument

not vested

He shorted at $3 to Wheelock. Now buying back to cover position Rolleyes
(14-09-2012, 04:35 AM)Behappyalways Wrote: Open Market Purchase
http://info.sgx.com/webcorannc.nsf/Annou...endocument

not vested

万贯家财三顿饭, 千屋万屋一张床。 <--- I like this!

Correct me if i am wrong, it means, no matter how rich you are, you will only need 3 meals. No matter how many properties you have, you will only sleep on 1 bed. It reminds me that sometimes one need not be jealous or envious when other people get rich/ lead a rich lifestyle.