Hotel Grand Central

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who have found St****** lacking, any comments on Hotel Grand Central which has good presence in Australia and New Zealand with reasonable recurring profit?
I read somewhere, actually mid-end hotels in Australia and New Zealand yield better than high-end ones. maybe Hotel Grand Central could perform better than St******?
HGC is even more laggard than SL???

(18-02-2012, 06:51 PM)freedom Wrote: I read somewhere, actually mid-end hotels in Australia and New Zealand yield better than high-end ones. maybe Hotel Grand Central could perform better than St******?

(18-02-2012, 09:58 PM)chaosdiablo Wrote: HGC is even more laggard than SL???

(18-02-2012, 06:51 PM)freedom Wrote: I read somewhere, actually mid-end hotels in Australia and New Zealand yield better than high-end ones. maybe Hotel Grand Central could perform better than St******?

laggard or not, I don't know.

But from the financial statements, HGC can have more consistent dividend than St******, as HGC's dividend can entirely be fund by its free cash flow. plus it have much stronger balance sheet thanks to its scrip dividend policy for years.
Hotel Grand Central has the knack of picking up hotels and commercial properties in Australia and New Zealand at reasonable prices. On 15 Dec 2011, it announced the proposed purchase of Lumley House in Wellington for NZ$20.3m, which is fully let out with a net annual rental of NZ$2.1m.
The controlling shareholders are noted for being frugal with company monies, and have no visible perk.
what is RNAV and PE as compared to SL?

HGC trying to sell its hotels as well?

Does HGC also develop and build commercial and residential as well?

Thanks

(18-02-2012, 10:48 PM)portuser Wrote: Hotel Grand Central has the knack of picking up hotels and commercial properties in Australia and New Zealand at reasonable prices. On 15 Dec 2011, it announced the proposed purchase of Lumley House in Wellington for NZ$20.3m, which is fully let out with a net annual rental of NZ$2.1m.
The controlling shareholders are noted for being frugal with company monies, and have no visible perk.

(19-02-2012, 09:32 AM)chaosdiablo Wrote: what is RNAV and PE as compared to SL?

Thanks

(18-02-2012, 10:48 PM)portuser Wrote: Hotel Grand Central has the knack of picking up hotels and commercial properties in Australia and New Zealand at reasonable prices. On 15 Dec 2011, it announced the proposed purchase of Lumley House in Wellington for NZ$20.3m, which is fully let out with a net annual rental of NZ$2.1m.

these are weird questions.

if the hotel business is great, why would anyone want to sell a good business?

is residential and commercial development a better and more profitable business than hotel owning?

ask Hilton and Marriott.

That would explain in the RNAV and PE if the asset and profit are good or not....

It is good to have all if all are generating good profit....the office in Perth for St****** is generating 10m profit from rental if I am correct......

Selling them is to unlock values for shareholders if they are sold at a premium......

HGC is only operating hotels with no other assets and businesses???

(19-02-2012, 09:47 AM)freedom Wrote:
(19-02-2012, 09:32 AM)chaosdiablo Wrote: what is RNAV and PE as compared to SL?

Thanks

these are weird questions.

if the hotel business is great, why would anyone want to sell a good business?

is residential and commercial development a better and more profitable business than hotel owning?

ask Hilton and Marriott.

Hotel Grand Central owns and operates 17 hotels with 3,454 rooms. 12 hotels comprising 2,155 rooms are in Australia and New Zealand.
It buys existing hotels and commercial properties down under for recurrent revenues.
Many years ago, it sold nearly all its commercial properties and paid off hefty loans.
It built its 328-room hotel in Little India, after that.
Based on my recollections, the company sold two hotels (in JB and Perth) when it received good offers.

Hotel Grand Central has another hotel in Singapore, near Orchard Road. The company announced on 13 April 2011 that provisional approval has been granted by URA for this 400-room hotel to be demolished and two new hotels, one with 472 rooms, and the other 256 rooms, will be put up.

seems good......let me check on it....thanks

(19-02-2012, 05:41 PM)portuser Wrote: Hotel Grand Central owns and operates 17 hotels with 3,454 rooms. 12 hotels comprising 2,155 rooms are in Australia and New Zealand.
It buys existing hotels and commercial properties down under for recurrent revenues.
Many years ago, it sold nearly all its commercial properties and paid off hefty loans.
It built its 328-room hotel in Little India, after that.
Based on my recollections, the company sold two hotels (in JB and Perth) when it received good offers.

Hotel Grand Central has another hotel in Singapore, near Orchard Road. The company announced on 13 April 2011 that provisional approval has been granted by URA for this 400-room hotel to be demolished and two new hotels, one with 472 rooms, and the other 256 rooms, will be put up.