Datapulse Technology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all,

I have a question on the dividend announcement. Datapulse has already released its notice of books closure yesterday but I do not understand why there is no CD in the RMK column of SGX and there is no corporate action described foor datapulse.

I wondewr how do we know when the CD will be stated in sgx?
(14-09-2011, 09:42 AM)mrEngineer Wrote: Hi all,

I have a question on the dividend announcement. Datapulse has already released its notice of books closure yesterday but I do not understand why there is no CD in the RMK column of SGX and there is no corporate action described foor datapulse.

I wondewr how do we know when the CD will be stated in sgx?

I assume you are referring to the full year results and final dividend?

If that's the case, you need shareholders' approval at AGM. This will take another 2 months. Once that's done, the "CD" will then appear.

(Not Vested)
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
(14-09-2011, 09:45 AM)Musicwhiz Wrote: I assume you are referring to the full year results and final dividend?

If that's the case, you need shareholders' approval at AGM. This will take another 2 months. Once that's done, the "CD" will then appear.

(Not Vested)

Yes I am referring to the final dividend. It is usually after the AGM then the notice of book closure is announced which would lead to CD remark.

If you look at Ausgroup as an example, the AGM approval is in October but it already has CD remark for its final dividend.

So, there seems to be some inconsistency on the AGM approval agrument but is actually more logical to me as well..

I have a question too on the dividend announcement. How come for interim dividends the company do not require shareholder approval and when it comes to final dividend they need to? is it mandatory that all companies require shareholder approval for the final dividend?

ok the CD announcement is out. yeah 8.5% yield here i come!
has anyone looked into this company before? its statement looks rather interesting and appealing.
(not vested)
(25-02-2012, 09:25 AM)shanrui_91 Wrote: has anyone looked into this company before? its statement looks rather interesting and appealing.
(not vested)

CD and DVD industry is facing fierce competition. Media storage industry is facing stiff competition from clouding storage or even thumbdrive (Trek2000 will be negatively correlated to Datapulse? Big Grin). Even for Movies or games DVD, they will be plagued with piracy.

However, weird thing is, on a quick glance of it financials, the numbers seem to be pretty good. Paying out good dividend yield which may indirectly suggest their indirect FCF is sustainable as well. Won't see substantial upside gain on its capital appreciation. EV/EBITDA of 4x might have discounted the dying trade of the industry? Perhaps, I will see Datapulse as a yield stock.

*not vested*
the industry has been undergoing a wave of competition since 2008 or even earlier. Almost all its competitors are dying (eastgate, anwell, sm summit) and making losses but this one is performing very well as it is the sole dvd producer for Microsoft in the asia pacific region. Consolidation has also lead to customers slowly switching to their services.

Good numbers show that it is something worth looking into though it may be a dying industry
Hmm, didn't know about that. That explains its good financial figures.

Does warrant a deeper look into it!
CD as a distribution medium is dying. MAC and game services like Steam encourages downloads. would CD distribution eventually crash?
Dividend Investing and More @ InvestmentMoats.com