ChatGPT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dedicated thread for ChatGPT (a specific application of AI). Since it is likely to cause a sea change in the way we work, interact, and live our lives moving forward.

Link to ChatGPT: https://chat.openai.com/chat

What is ChatGPT: 

Example application: 
* Analysis and summary of long-text: https://twitter.com/Wildreamz/status/163...86658?s=20
“If you buy a business just because it’s undervalued, then you have to worry about selling it when it reaches its intrinsic value. That’s hard. But if you can buy a few great companies, then you can sit on your ass. That’s a good thing.” - Charlie Munger
Could mods clarify the new rule: https://www.valuebuddies.com/thread-1104...#pid167933

How is "curated" defined? Can we post ChatGPT outputs with commentary, does it help address the "wholesale" clause of the new rule?

For example, I did some detailed analysis of ChatGPT using ChatGPT4 (which not everyone has access to), can I share it here?
“If you buy a business just because it’s undervalued, then you have to worry about selling it when it reaches its intrinsic value. That’s hard. But if you can buy a few great companies, then you can sit on your ass. That’s a good thing.” - Charlie Munger
(29-03-2023, 10:41 AM)Wildreamz Wrote: Could mods clarify the new rule: https://www.valuebuddies.com/thread-1104...#pid167933

How is "curated" defined? Can we post ChatGPT outputs with commentary, does it help address the "wholesale" clause of the new rule?

For example, I did some detailed analysis of ChatGPT using ChatGPT4 (which not everyone has access to), can I share it here?

hi wildreamz,

Thanks for your thoughts on this. As this is something new, we anticipate our guidelines will be evolving. Have added some clarifications and I hope it answers your questions (which is "yes, it is ok"). But we will not be surprised that there will be more modifications to come.

On a personal basis, while ChatGPT posts sound intellectually right, but they just feel intellectually hollow. In other words, there is no soul nor traces of 2nd order thinking.

Nonetheless, moderators are open to how we want to move forward for ChatGPT.
Just to clarify for this thread, should it be kept to just ChatGPT, or should it include other forms of generative AI tools as well?
(29-03-2023, 04:53 PM)EnSabahNur Wrote: Just to clarify for this thread, should it be kept to just ChatGPT, or should it include other forms of generative AI tools as well?

IMHO, generative AI tools such as Midjourney, Dall-E etc., deserve thread of their own.

Lot's of stuff to talk about for ChatGPT and similar NLP/LLMs etc. already.

But open to generalize this thread.
(29-03-2023, 06:35 PM)Wildreamz Wrote:
(29-03-2023, 04:53 PM)EnSabahNur Wrote: Just to clarify for this thread, should it be kept to just ChatGPT, or should it include other forms of generative AI tools as well?

IMHO, generative AI tools such as Midjourney, Dall-E etc., deserve thread of their own.

Lot's of stuff to talk about for ChatGPT and similar NLP/LLMs etc. already.

But open to generalize this thread.

Okie dokie
Progress is happening too quickly: ChatGPT 3.5 (original)> ChatGPT Plus (improved GPT3.5 reasoning, speed and availability) for US$20/month > ChatGPT4 (increase parameters, reasoning capabilities) > ChatGPT Plug-ins (basically an AppStore that enables enhance capabilities; https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt-plugins)

Quick question, who has already integrated ChatGPT into everyday routine and workflow? (programming, drafting report, email, market research, learning/education, proof-reading etc.)

Personal experience, ChatGPT has increased my productivity 2-3x as a coder, and 10x as a student. On my second month of Plus subscription, due to approximately 10x speed of result generation, and 100% uptime, not to mention access to GPT4.
Duolingo launches new subscription tier with access to AI tutor powered by GPT-4
https://techcrunch.com/2023/03/14/duolin...-by-gpt-4/

Quote:Duolingo is introducing a new “Max” subscription tier with features powered by OpenAI’s new GPT-4 technology, the company announced on Tuesday. Duolingo Max, which costs $29.99 per month or $167.99 per year, unlocks two new AI-powered features called “Roleplay” and “Explain My Answer.” The announcement comes the same day that OpenAI released its next-generation GPT-4 AI language model.

IMHO, self-learning is one of the best application of ChatGPT so far. Duolingo is one of the largest self-learning platform in the world. Makes sense.

(vested in Duolingo)
(30-03-2023, 10:14 AM)Wildreamz Wrote: Quick question, who has already integrated ChatGPT into everyday routine and workflow? (programming, drafting report, email, market research, learning/education, proof-reading etc.)

Very limited usage, primarily because of lack of time irl (day job) for personal projects, so my use cases are very limited. 

-So far it is useful in generating leads for further study, for example, giving me a list of 10 comic book IPs that were made into movies.
-It can actually tell me the revenue for Microsoft for the last 10 years (until 2021) for example, and the breakdown in revenue. I did not double check the data for accuracy though.
-it's also useful to giving summaries of topics that I am unfamiliar with. For example, why do airports have curfew hours for planes?

I want to add, that the generative AI boom feels like a real shift. It feels quite different from blockchain, crypto assets, NFTs, because it seems to be adopted very quickly by individuals and organisations, perhaps because this is something that really adds value.
(30-03-2023, 07:56 PM)EnSabahNur Wrote: I want to add, that the generative AI boom feels like a real shift. It feels quite different from blockchain, crypto assets, NFTs, because it seems to be adopted very quickly by individuals and organisations, perhaps because this is something that really adds value.

The 3 you listed all falls under Blockchain, which I have concluded back in 2016-2017 that it was "20 years too early". I expect to see groundbreaking things happen around 2035 (maybe).

Agree that the adoption of Generative AI and specifically, LLMs like ChatGPT is extremely fast, unlike any transformational technology transformation that we have experienced thus far. Even the smartphone revolution, took a couple years to take off (the iPhone really took off in Singapore around the 3GS - iPhone 4 era).

The world haven't adjusted to ChatGPT 3.5, putting in safe-guards etc, and more features are rolling out already.

No wonder there is a petition to slow it down: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/29/elon-mus...gpt-4.html
Elon Musk and other tech leaders call for pause on ‘dangerous race’ to make A.I. as advanced as humans

Quote:*Artificial intelligence labs have been urged by Elon Musk and numerous other tech industry figures to stop training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4, OpenAI’s latest large language model.

*In an open letter signed by Musk and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, technology leaders urged for a six-month pause to the development of such advanced AI, saying it represents a risk to society.

*Musk, who is one of OpenAI’s co-founders, has criticized the organization a number of times recently, saying he believes it is diverging from its original purpose.