What the future holds and how will it affect the stocks that we have

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi fellow buddies,

Starting a new thread and hope that it can spur some thinking and hopefully can benefit us in the long run.

I will start by stating what I foresee is coming in the next 5 years and how it affects our life and our future interest.

here's what my crystal ball is telling me Cool

Internet shopping is finally taking off. More people moving to internet shopping.

Boon

Firms selling items online
Technology companies
Transport/delivery companies
Postal companies
Beverage companies (drink more at home, instead of out)

Bane

Shopping malls
Firms that still do not have internet front end
Food court/Food businesses with no deliveries (less crowd??)
Cafes

Feel free to contribute!
Good idea to start.

Internet shopping is quite common in Taipei. One of the reason is that there is a lot of "Middleman" without a strong front. Young Entrepreneurs play a key role too. Trend of following Japanese niche products. Being near to china means lower cost. Bringing product to market is not easy. All this comes together as a cultural thing over there.

Just my Diary
corylogics.blogspot.com/

Went to Parkway Parade last Saturday evening. Lots of parking. Is Singapore seeing short term retail saturation???
"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
I would like to see,

1) Reliable and trust worthy Crowd Fundings or MASS-Order Portals Setups
2) Medical Library case studies informations availability
3) Education exam papers, semester's information availability
4) Neighbourhood Health Screening, exercise, maintanance & household trading programmes...
1) Try NOT to LOSE money!
2) Do NOT SELL in BEAR, BUY-BUY-BUY! invest in managements/companies that does the same!
3) CASH in hand is KING in BEAR! 
4) In BULL, SELL-SELL-SELL! 
Another mall.... but more of the same thing. Why bother building another if you sell the same stuff.
How many Uniqlo, Giordano, Macdonald, KFC, Singtel, M1, Starhub are needed?
More N more travellers? With increasing population and uprising of cheaper air fares, i see more n more people travelling. Even young students do that.

More and more people backpacking . The community is definetely growing. People who bought budget airfares are most likely on. Tighter budget.

Maybe the rise of backpacker inns/hostel and downfall/stagnant of luxury hotels?

Wonder if there is any stock that holds hostels or cheap lodging.
(16-04-2014, 12:02 PM)jianjian Wrote: More N more travellers? With increasing population and uprising of cheaper air fares, i see more n more people travelling. Even young students do that.

More and more people backpacking . The community is definetely growing. People who bought budget airfares are most likely on. Tighter budget.

Maybe the rise of backpacker inns/hostel and downfall/stagnant of luxury hotels?

i think you may be referring to global premium hotels limited, that's the closest listed stock that i can think of
(16-04-2014, 12:49 PM)safetyfirst Wrote:
(16-04-2014, 12:02 PM)jianjian Wrote: More N more travellers? With increasing population and uprising of cheaper air fares, i see more n more people travelling. Even young students do that.

i think you may be referring to global premium hotels limited, that's the closest listed stock that i can think of

Jus took a quick look at the mentioned company... Hmm, not the ones that im referring to.

Backpackers hostel are really insividual unique and pretty cosy if u"ve been to one in singapore.

But i guess no hostel will ever be listed. Haha.

Sent from iphone
SATS, for managing more aircrafts?