Buy till It hurts Strategy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUY till it Hurts - a focus approach to investment. That is a strategy that has served me well over the years. Of course, during prolonged downturn, it also bled till it hurts.

I combined it with the value approach and only focus on less than 10 stocks. In fact over the years, I have lowered till to around 5 stocks and I over/under weight around these few number of stocks.

The strategy is certainly a contrast to that of diversification but if one really need diversification, then an ETF will help instead of studying a company inside out and invest based on a stubborn fundamental value approach.

At least for the current up cycle post GFC, the focus approach has served me well. There are some counters (no names mentioned but buddies can guess) which I am vested in comprises as much as 2/3 of my portfolio due to surprising strong outperformance following years of stubborn accumulation when value simply stares right in my face and was totally unloved.

I know there are many of you out there who will think I am crazy but really there is always a saying - when you have a top performing stock - the main complain is that it is never enough. Conversely, when you have a loss making one, even 1 odd lot is too much let alone those that have evaporated. Myself included as I have many share certificates that are posted to me post delisting of many counters but luckily they are just part of my stamp collection - nothing more than odd lots.

Anyway, I don't have that much time to spend on detail analysis of companies let alone finding good ones to fit my BUY till it HURTs strategy hence I am just sharing my weird value approach.

St****** without a doubt is my structured deposit investment. 5% and free call option till something happens - fit my HURTing approach and even when it falls in line with sour macro economic fundamentals, property values have proven to be good inflation hedgers over time and one day value will be realised especially in politically stable countries.

BUY Till It Hurts
Neck Long Face Green
GG
Rainbow 
GG,
Definitely got people practice what you did.
For one, I did this for my favorite stock too (adampak, UIS).

similar to your rationale, buying small small is quite meaningless aka it does not create an impact to the bottomline of overall portfolio.

I usually did not buy them in one go.
I accumulate these stocks very very slowly because I don't like to buy shares. I prefers others to sell it to me.

Having say that, I too have a pool of tikam money which have different objectives and serve my the other purposes too.

Heart Love Compassion

[Image: sketch.jpg]
感恩 26 April 2019 Straco AGM ppt  https://valuebuddies.com/thread-2915-pos...#pid152450
problem is not everyone can stomach prolonged bleeding.