Suscription for Business times + Shareinvestor.com

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1) Business Times Full Package (Printed + Online + Smartphones) = $28.65 + $3-$5 delivery charge monthly

http://www.sphsubscription.com.sg/eshop/...e&PCODE=BT

2) ShareInvestor WebPro package for an additional SGD5.35 per month Edit: Just realized that share investor webPro is only $3 per month right now..

Is it worth it?
I dont think its worth it, nowadays most info is online for free
Those don't teach you how to do value investing.

Better you spend the money on some books or just get some good books from the library.

Or you could just hang out here and ask and learn Big Grin
Virtual currencies are worth virtually nothing.
http://thebluefund.blogspot.com
yeah the national library is really good~
I never subscribed to either always bought as needed but I used to collect shareinvestor booklet until I had a mountain of it to dispose useful if you want to refer old info that everybody else has forgotten like example you checking up xxx company will soon complete a condo project which started 3 years but nobody can remember the date ... stuff like that.

I must have spend at least several hundred on it in the end karang guni man didn't even want to give me 20 cents for the lot until I said it was free to take away he gave a smile like his teeth would nearly fall out.
IMO, the ShareInvestor WebPro is good. It has all most of the features of fundamental analysis.

Yes, we can read free fundamental report from borkers analyst report, but they mostly cover the popular counters only. If one want to find 'un-love' or catalyst counters, then one have to dig their annual report and its related stuff.

ShareInvestor fill this gap.

I like to SI platform as it cut down my research time. I have been using SI for 3 years.

You can try out the SI for 1 week free.

p.s. not promoting and related to SI.

With regard to Biz times, I think it does not really help much.
I see, may I know what are the unique features for the shareinvestor web pro? sounds interesting, like how do u use the SI platform to help in your research?
I dropped my subscription to Business times after they raised the price dramatically. I realized that it does not make much of a difference without the Business Times and I doubt if I will subscribe to it again until prices drop dramatically back.
------------------------------------
Trust yourself only with your money
I purchased BT from time to time, but I don't think it is worth to subscribe. I prefer magazine e.g. The Edge for interviews and cover stories.

I found shareinvestor useful for stock screening and monitoring. The few useful features IMO are
- 10 years data for stock screening. The data is pretty up-to-date
- comparison with indexes, both STI or relevant industrial indexes.
- consolidated list of insiders buying for easy reference
- portfolio view for stock monitoring
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
Go for 1 week trial run. Cool

(23-06-2013, 09:57 AM)felixleong Wrote: I see, may I know what are the unique features for the shareinvestor web pro? sounds interesting, like how do u use the SI platform to help in your research?