Good forums like Valuebuddies for Hong Kong and US investors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to ask the experienced fellow investors here whether they know of good Valuebuddies-equivalent stock forums for Hong Kong and US investors.

I am getting worried about our Singapore stock market. Good companies are delisting. The new IPOs do not look exciting and they are not even companies but mostly business trusts or REITs. Looking at foreign markets is worth considering now.
------------------------------------
Trust yourself only with your money
There is a forum for HK stocks which is more organized but in terms of content, it is not as good as VBuddies but at least it gives some sense of the netizens' sentiments. Don't have the URL now but can post it later.

Anyway, most (if not all) of the forums for HK stocks are in Chinese.

IMO, HK is definitely more interesting in terms of depth and valuations.
"Criticism is the fertilizer of learning." - Sir John Templeton
(05-06-2013, 04:55 PM)dzwm87 Wrote: There is a forum for HK stocks which is more organized but in terms of content, it is not as good as VBuddies but at least it gives some sense of the netizens' sentiments. Don't have the URL now but can post it later.

Anyway, most (if not all) of the forums for HK stocks are in Chinese.

IMO, HK is definitely more interesting in terms of depth and valuations.

I thank you for the link in advance. It is ok that the forums are in Chinese. Unfortunately, it will reduce me to being a parasite - mostly read but contribute less. My writing skills in Chinese is not good enough.
No problem. Anyway, it was from one of my friends.

Realised I have the link with me now Big Grin

http://realforum.zkiz.com/viewforum.php?fid=128 <--- forum page... you can navigate around for the other features. In terms of depth, this is probably alrger than VBuddies but otherwise in terms of content quality. Like I say, good avenue to find out about the netizens' sentiments and hopefully areas which I may miss out in my research.

http://stock.zkiz.com/query.php?code=0001 <--- This is like a stock summary homepage with the relevant links to forum, blog post, news and corporate announcements

I reckon there are probably more of such forums in the internet... probably have to dig hard though. My research efficiency drops by 50% when it comes to Chinese. (:
"Criticism is the fertilizer of learning." - Sir John Templeton
(05-06-2013, 04:42 PM)hyom Wrote: I am getting worried about our Singapore stock market. Good companies are delisting. The new IPOs do not look exciting and they are not even companies but mostly business trusts or REITs. Looking at foreign markets is worth considering now.

Good observation.
And I was wondering if others are observing this trend.

Hence the question is.. are the listing companies giving retail investors money or are the retail investors giving the managements money instead?

(05-06-2013, 04:42 PM)hyom Wrote: I would like to ask the experienced fellow investors here whether they know of good Valuebuddies-equivalent stock forums for Hong Kong and US investors.

hyom, i recommend checking seekingalpha.com for US stocks. It is not exactly a forum but i think it serves the same purpose (read about pros and cons of stock ideas). Its worth checking the industry news site as well since normally every industry has its own news site nowadays (for example: food and drinks industry, medical device industry, biotech industry, alternative energy industry, etc)
http://www.valueinvestorsclub.com

"... but quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting." - Quote from the movie American Gangster
(05-06-2013, 07:06 PM)arthur Wrote:
(05-06-2013, 04:42 PM)hyom Wrote: I am getting worried about our Singapore stock market. Good companies are delisting. The new IPOs do not look exciting and they are not even companies but mostly business trusts or REITs. Looking at foreign markets is worth considering now.

Good observation.
And I was wondering if others are observing this trend.

Hence the question is.. are the listing companies giving retail investors money or are the retail investors giving the managements money instead?

you answered your own questions - investors paying owners that float their business.

Just look at Soilbuild - construction arm floated at $0.25 vs historical costs of $0.03 - $0.05. Heard that Soilbuild REIT is planning for listings.

GG
(05-06-2013, 07:39 PM)rogerwilco Wrote: hyom, i recommend checking seekingalpha.com for US stocks. It is not exactly a forum but i think it serves the same purpose (read about pros and cons of stock ideas). Its worth checking the industry news site as well since normally every industry has its own news site nowadays (for example: food and drinks industry, medical device industry, biotech industry, alternative energy industry, etc)

seekingalpha.com is not bad and I am already reading it. However, it is not a forum where people can ask questions. See how helpful people are over here. One question and I get plenty of answers free of chargeSmile

I will check out http://www.valueinvestorsclub.com recommended by opmi. Thanks.
(05-06-2013, 08:32 PM)greengiraffe Wrote: you answered your own questions - investors paying owners that float their business.

Just look at Soilbuild - construction arm floated at $0.25 vs historical costs of $0.03 - $0.05. Heard that Soilbuild REIT is planning for listings.

GG

Rolleyes