Hi 2013

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi

Im new to this forum and I believe I shall be able to share thoughts and views with fellow value buddies.

Is there a list of stocks that deem to be value stocks here?

Cheers

It will also be nice to have a chat room for all value buddies to discuss equities and markets.

This willl be very useful during trading hours when value stocks start moving
(03-01-2013, 08:23 PM)2V. Wrote: This willl be very useful during trading hours when value stocks start moving

Kind of conflicting...
Search through each of the threads for postings on each company. We are a deep dive fundamental analysis forum, so be prepared to go in-depth into each company, and I also hope you have some accounting knowledge.

And as Kazukirai has mentioned, why bother whether the market is trading or not if you are looking for value? Just ensure you have margin of safety.
My Value Investing Blog: http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com/
Just remember whatever fundamental data you have are passe. What is going on now and in the future, the company is trying it's best to continue to achieve high quality FCF. But at least you know which company is doing well UTD.
And margin of safety is easier to find after the market has crashed. imo

NB:
i may at times deviate from what i know i should do.
That's the time i am "out of my mind". TongueBig Grin
WB:-

1) Rule # 1, do not lose money.
2) Rule # 2, refer to # 1.
3) Not until you can manage your emotions, you can manage your money.

Truism of Investments.
A) Buying a security is buying RISK not Return
B) You can control RISK (to a certain level, hopefully only.) But definitely not the outcome of the Return.

NB:-
My signature is meant for psychoing myself. No offence to anyone. i am trying not to lose money unnecessary anymore.
Hi welcome to the forums.

Does anyone know how this reputation system work? Is it based on your past investment returns or something. BTW where can I find the investment returns from others on this forum? Thanks.
Reputation is given by a forumer to another forumer and is entirely voluntary. This can either be positive or negative.

As for returns, there is a thread on Performance for 2012. Other than that, we generally do not discuss returns. It is more interesting to talk about companies.
(04-01-2013, 11:13 AM)Musicwhiz Wrote: Reputation is given by a forumer to another forumer and is entirely voluntary. This can either be positive or negative.

As for returns, there is a thread on Performance for 2012. Other than that, we generally do not discuss returns. It is more interesting to talk about companies.

Agreed, it is much more interesting to hunt for future monies than to talk about past monies already earned. Big Grin
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(04-01-2013, 11:43 AM)CityFarmer Wrote:
(04-01-2013, 11:13 AM)Musicwhiz Wrote: Reputation is given by a forumer to another forumer and is entirely voluntary. This can either be positive or negative.

Agreed, it is much more interesting to hunt for future monies than to talk about past monies already earned. Big Grin

I agree too.
This coming week will be interesting, good buying opportunities for me.

Monday I shall be buying HPL, M1, will share my thoughts when possible this evening.

Any views on HPL and M1, please share your thoughts. Cheers
(13-01-2013, 10:58 AM)2V. Wrote: This coming week will be interesting, good buying opportunities for me.

Monday I shall be buying HPL, M1, will share my thoughts when possible this evening.

Any views on HPL and M1, please share your thoughts. Cheers

It would be good to post in the individual company threads for the companies you mentioned. There are already diverse views provided on many companies listed on SGX (including HPL and M1), so feel free to browse through the forum.

Thanks.