AGM or Annual General Makan ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks. Learn new stuff today. So HitandRun is right on the 48 hour lead time...

(28-04-2015, 01:15 PM)lohkh Wrote: Finally got a response from SGX:

Dear Sir/Mdm

Thank you very much for your reply.

We wish to inform you that for CDP account holders, generally for companies incorporated in Singapore, shares need to be reflected in the CDP account 48 hours before the Annual General Meeting ("AGM") in order for one to be able to attend the AGM.

We hope that we have clarified your queries.

Do let us know if you require further assistance from us.

Yours sincerely
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
I read that to attend an AGM you just need to show up with your IC and the person there will check from a list if you're a shareholder. But I was going through Spindex announcement and saw 

"Response Deadline Date: 24/10/2018 00:00:00"

Does this mean there's some kind of pre-registeration? And if so, how do I do it?
(23-10-2018, 12:53 PM)Kaimin Wrote: I read that to attend an AGM you just need to show up with your IC and the person there will check from a list if you're a shareholder. But I was going through Spindex announcement and saw 

"Response Deadline Date: 24/10/2018 00:00:00"

Does this mean there's some kind of pre-registeration? And if so, how do I do it?

If ur shares r held in CDP, then u just need to turn up with IC.

If held in custodian (with broker or bank) then u need to contact ur agent who needs to send in the notifications, and received b4 the deadline.
SGX gives all firms 2-month breather to hold AGM amid virus outbreak
Thu, Feb 27, 2020 - 6:52 PM

SINGAPORE Exchange Regulation (SGX RegCo) will give all  firms, not just those with China operations, an additional two months to hold their annual general meeting (AGM) due to concerns over large group meetings amid the Covid-19 outbreak.....

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/compani...s-outbreak