BBR Holdings

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hallelujah! BBR at last reports a half-year profit…. after >3 years of continual damaging losses. Hitherto my mindset was that there are three certainties in life: death, taxes …. and BBR loss announcements. And to my (pleasant) surprise a dividend has been declared, albeit at a modest level.

My hope is CEO Andrew and his Management Team now rise to the challenge of eeking out sustained positive earnings & cash flow, and generating dividends, rather than focusing on a pursuit of academically intriguing construction techniques. I suppose much will be linked to BBR’s LINQ development (dreadful pun intended). Why am I not holding my breath? Possibly because I have learned that with this company order book size - now quoted as S$ 187 Mln - is not necessarily a sound litmus indicator for future earnings: too often flawed project execution has resulted in negative margin projects, eroding shareholder value.

Vested, for some time (possibly a mistake).
RBM, Retired Botanic MatSalleh
voting good old RBM's post as the most honest post so far this year (2 months) Big Grin

(01-03-2022, 01:47 PM)RBM Wrote: Hallelujah! BBR at last reports a half-year profit…. after >3 years of continual damaging losses. Hitherto my mindset was that there are three certainties in life: death, taxes …. and BBR loss announcements. And to my (pleasant) surprise a dividend has been declared, albeit at a modest level.

My hope is CEO Andrew and his Management Team now rise to the challenge of eeking out sustained positive earnings & cash flow, and generating dividends, rather than focusing on a pursuit of academically intriguing construction techniques. I suppose much will be linked to BBR’s LINQ development (dreadful pun intended). Why am I not holding my breath? Possibly because I have learned that with this company order book size - now quoted as S$ 187 Mln - is not necessarily a sound litmus indicator for future earnings: too often flawed project execution has resulted in negative margin projects, eroding shareholder value.

Vested, for some time (possibly a mistake).
Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. –William A. Ward

Think Asset-Business-Structure (ABS)