Cars that drive themselves starting to chat with each other

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It remind me of a carton movie, Cars, by Disney, where cars talk to each other... What a interesting life enabled by technologies...Big Grin

DETROIT - An Acura RLX sedan demonstrated an unusual way to tow another car this week: the vehicles were not physically attached. The second car drove itself, following instructions beamed over by the first in a feat of technology that indicates a new stage in automation is happening faster than many expected.

Systems that enable vehicles to communicate with each other have been developed in recent years in parallel with features that enable cars to drive themselves. Manufacturers and suppliers now are putting the two together in novel ways, with broad implications for vehicle safety and convenience.
http://www.todayonline.com/tech/cars-dri...each-other
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
Skynet has been activated. Big Grin
(15-09-2014, 09:21 AM)CityFarmer Wrote: It remind me of a carton movie, Cars, by Disney, where cars talk to each other... What a interesting life enabled by technologies...Big Grin

DETROIT - An Acura RLX sedan demonstrated an unusual way to tow another car this week: the vehicles were not physically attached. The second car drove itself, following instructions beamed over by the first in a feat of technology that indicates a new stage in automation is happening faster than many expected.

Systems that enable vehicles to communicate with each other have been developed in recent years in parallel with features that enable cars to drive themselves. Manufacturers and suppliers now are putting the two together in novel ways, with broad implications for vehicle safety and convenience.

Why need a tow car if the 2nd car can drive by itself? Huh
(15-09-2014, 01:22 PM)violinist Wrote:
(15-09-2014, 09:21 AM)CityFarmer Wrote: It remind me of a carton movie, Cars, by Disney, where cars talk to each other... What a interesting life enabled by technologies...Big Grin

Why need a tow car if the 2nd car can drive by itself? Huh

Good question. I reckon the 2nd car's self-navigation function fail, thus need a help Tongue
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
which company benefits from all these advancement?
Think an article from Fools covered that previously
I think I posted some article before that ST engineering already exploring unmanned drones that "swarm" or to talk to each other.