Singapore Listed Companies - Main Forum and Sub Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, I'm a new joiner to the website though I've been stalking the forum as a guest for almost a year.

Can I make a suggestion for the Singapore Listed Companies main forum - we should do away with the subforums (A-Z) and bring all of the discussion to the main forum as it is a pain to click and open 26 alphabets worth of pages just to see if there are any interesting posts on companies I'm interested in.

This could generate more interest in the subforums as I see there are very few threads opened there.

Thanks!
(04-04-2013, 04:55 PM)tangoraven Wrote: Hey, I'm a new joiner to the website though I've been stalking the forum as a guest for almost a year.

Can I make a suggestion for the Singapore Listed Companies main forum - we should do away with the subforums (A-Z) and bring all of the discussion to the main forum as it is a pain to click and open 26 alphabets worth of pages just to see if there are any interesting posts on companies I'm interested in.

This could generate more interest in the subforums as I see there are very few threads opened there.

Thanks!

I don't have similar problem.

I focus on "recent topics" for latest posting. When looking for postings on specific company, i use search function.
“夏则资皮,冬则资纱,旱则资船,水则资车” - 范蠡
(04-04-2013, 04:55 PM)tangoraven Wrote: Hey, I'm a new joiner to the website though I've been stalking the forum as a guest for almost a year.

Thanks!

You can also use View New Posts or View Today's Posts in User CP

Yup, make use of Search function. We have a powerful search which is powered by Sphinx Search engine and will be enhanced in the future.
Specuvestor: Asset - Business - Structure.
(04-04-2013, 04:55 PM)tangoraven Wrote: Can I make a suggestion for the Singapore Listed Companies main forum - we should do away with the subforums (A-Z) and bring all of the discussion to the main forum as it is a pain to click and open 26 alphabets worth of pages just to see if there are any interesting posts on companies I'm interested in.

Thanks!

The forum started as what you have suggested and eventually evolved to its current form now.

The problem with have a 'giant' forum for all topics was that it become very messy very fast (you can visit other stock forums like HWZ and CNA to see what I mean). And the biggest issue tends to be duplication.

Now discussion are grouped by companies and sub-divided so its actually easier for us to look for companies which we would like to discuss. Or if one is not created, then just start a new topic in the appropriate sub-forums.

Ultimately the current organisation is definitely neater. And its not a problem to view all the latest posts.
Hi Tangoraven,

Please try out the search function as suggested by others. It works pretty well imo.
If you're still having problems navigating after that, then perhaps we can bring the issue up for further discussion.